Senior Network Engineer
The role of the Senior Engineer is to provide the implementation of technical solutions and services to CAE’s customers, across the UK. This will include the production and handover of technical documentation to customers and/or Managed Services teams. The role may also involve placement within customer Service Desks to provide resource cover.
As part of a team of engineers you will work with our presales and PMO teams, taking ownership of the delivery of technical solutions on a project basis, in the most effective manner possible, whilst putting customer services at the forefront of your work. Including but not limited to predictive wireless surveys, desktop support, racking, stacking and configuration of kit and other project tasks within your skill set.
Please note - This role is remote, but you will be required to be on customer site at Southampton University on a regular basis
What you will be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Provide engineering support to our sales and presales teams as required.
- Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, or another member of the professional services team
- Creation of technical documentation and reports
- Provide progress updates and timesheets on a daily basis
- Store documentation, in a central location, and on the ticket as appropriate
- Meet personal and team KPIs set by your manager
- Adhering to internal OLAs and SLAs
- Comply with all departmental processes, procedures, and policies
- Compliance with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities, and requirements as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, the ability to work proactively on your own initiative and prioritise your work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- SLA & KPI aware
- Highly focussed on quality outcomes
- Competent long-distance driver
As a Senior Engineer you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined, and adaptable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Your work will be driven by a customer services mentality, and you must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services, PMO, warehouse)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to prioritise workloads and to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
- Be able to work independently but equally as part of a team
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Good knowledge and experience with Cisco Wireless technologies
- Good knowledge and experience with Meraki technologies
- Good knowledge and experience with Cisco core technologies
- Experience of working within a project-based environment
- CCNA Routing & Switching, Security or Wireless
- Knowledge of other Cisco technologies; Data Centre, Security
- Experience of wireless Surveys using Ekahau. (Predictive, APoS, and post-implementation)
This is CAE - Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Dell Technologies
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Discounted Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.