The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will provide the lead role within strategically identified customers in supporting technology driven Customer Experience (CX) and insights as part of CAE’s customer intimacy strategy.
This is a varied role that will combine understanding a customer’s business, technology and budget strategy, whilst delivering customer insights via GAP analysis tools to add value, drive technology adoption, identify opportunities for expansion (upsell and cross sell), and to inform and plan with customers renewal strategies across a range of technologies.
The Customer Success Manager will be allocated a named portfolio of customers which may be in different stages of the CAE engagement lifecycle. These are likely to be key strategic customers or new customers identified as strategic acquisitions to the business.
Working alongside the Account Director, Technical Presales Specialists, and Renewals Manager, the Customer Success Manager will be expected to take the lead in engaging with customers around CX, recommending and facilitation of insight tools and conducting the analysis (with technical support) of the results identifying opportunities for improvement of existing technologies, removing barriers to adoption, or suggesting new technologies that would meet the requirements of the customers’ business outcomes. The result of which is the production of the Customer Success Plan (CSP) and ongoing engagement to drive through the agreed improvements.
These engagements being supported by specialists in multiple areas of the business including Sales, Presales, Technical Architects, Service Delivery Managers and Professional Services.
This is a customer facing role requiring flexibility to travel.
What you will be doing?
- Acts as a primary point of contact and trusted advisor for customers (strategically identified) for understanding their underlying technology and how it relates to their defined business outcomes.
- Produces the Customer Success Plans based on CAE and Vendor templates and ensures that these are reviewed, updated and activities managed throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Takes ownership to drive faster “time to value” and removal of barriers to adoption to improve overall experience for our customers.
- Undertakes regular reviews with customers to detail technology utilisation, identified areas of value creation and opportunities for improvement in meeting the customer’s business requirements.
- Leverages the acquired knowledge of the customer to ensure CAE enables the customer to achieve their Business Outcomes through onboarding, adoption, expansion and renewal.
- Provides a lead role in compiling and analysis of customer insight reports / dashboards, highlighting commercial opportunities to Account Directors including upsell, cross sell and renewals.
- Provides expertise and advice to customers through a consultancy role covering Technical Architecture disciplines, activities, CSI and process improvement;
- Writes consultancy level proposals including cost benefit analysis and high-level change programmes as required.
- The Customer Success Manager will be expected to understand CAE’s core technology sets (multidiscipline across the CAE pillar structure) and build key relationships with the identified vendors in these areas;
- The Customer Success Manager will support Sales and Presales in developing and refining the technical roadmap and CAE technical governance within the identified customer portfolio based on customer business needs.
Competencies and behaviours
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills;
- Good presentations skills;
- Good command of all MS Office applications; advanced Excel skills
- Be able to prioritise multiple projects and work to deadlines;
- Approachable & empathetic;
- Professional and discreet;
- Organised and methodical.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Understanding of infrastructure transformations, key IT architectural design principles and cost benefit analysis related to IT operational design
- Understanding of Business Operations and IT Functions beyond technology
- Understanding & experience of Sales Cycles
- Understanding of IT Outsource Services
- Understanding of IT technology (Networking, Server, Security, Storage and Desktop)
- Experience of building and writing consultancy proposals / business reports
- Experience of identifying and managing risk to an organisation in a technical and operational context
- Experience of analysing information to identify trends and opportunities
- Experience of working with and delivering presentations to stakeholders at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Business Management or related subject
- Sales certifications across Cisco, Dell, Microsoft or Palo Alto
- A degree in Business Management or extensive commercial experience
- Experience / qualification in Cisco CX lifecycle
- Business Analysis experience or qualification
- Relevant Vendor Sales Qualifications in Cisco, Microsoft, HPE / Dell
- Experience / qualification in Cisco CX lifecycle
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
• With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
• Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
• With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
• As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
• Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
• Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
• and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
• Bupa Cash Plan
• Investors in Personal Development
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service
• Staff Referral Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Tech Scheme
• Will writing
• Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement