Senior NOC Engineer
Specifically, your primary role on the NOC Team is to support CAE customers with incident, change and fault management as a 2nd/3rd line resource.
This role requires strong skills across routing, switching, and security, ideally with service provider technology experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Responding to support incidents raised via web portal, email or the phone.
- Updating tickets in an organised an efficient manner
- Working within defined service level agreements (SLA) for different customers to ensure SLAs are met within thresholds.
- Escalating tickets where appropriate following a defined escalation process and being responsive to tickets which are escalated.
- Documentation of customer systems where required.
- Commitment to improve professional and technical knowledge.
- Development of Internal systems and process to improve the support operations.
- Undertake personal accreditations as required by the company as part of an agreed training plan.
- Participation in an on-call rota for escalation from level 1/2 NOC.
- Commitment to developing technical knowledge of NOC level 1/2.
You will need to be highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
- Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services)
- Be passionate about the technology that you support
- Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be confident and approachable
Knowledge & Experience
- Cisco Routers and Switching configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNP Certification or suitable industry experience
- Operational knowledge of the Cisco ISE platform
- Cisco Security configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Security or suitable industry experience
- Exposure and experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco FirePower
- Cisco Wireless configuration and troubleshooting - Desired minimum CCNA Wireless or suitable industry experience
- Cisco Collaboration configuration and troubleshooting – Desired minimum CCNA Voice or suitable industry experience
- Palo Alto, switching, security and wireless exposure
- ITIL/Change management or similar process experience
Qualifications and Training
- CCNP certification or equivalent knowledge and experience