Solutions Architect – Network & Security
Remote with travel to CAE offices and Customer sites
As the Solutions Architect, you will provide field-based presales engagement on sales opportunities and bid proposals for a specific technology pillar.
You will be expected to engage with customers to understand their infrastructure along with their business operation model and will work with the customer in advising, architecting, planning and modelling future technology and operational designs that will transform their business.
You will own the technical designs and responses required for all selected bids or required proposals allocated to them.
You will be required to attend customer site to gather information, present designs and run workshops to better understand, inform and test customer requirements.
This is a customer facing role requiring flexibility to travel.
What you will be doing?
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Takes ownership of multiple opportunities within their technology pillar covering bids and tenders, live opportunities and written proposals;
- Develops solutions against specific customer requirements (technical and business);
- Will support the Senior Solutions Architect and Strategy and Direction team as required;
- Provides technical peer review to other Presales team members;
- Builds technical designs and associated cost models / BOM’s as required;
- Will provide technical designs and written responses to bids, proposals and tenders;
- Support the Sales teams in closing opportunities via formal presentation of technical service designs to customers.
- The Solutions Architect should be expected to be able to cover technical discussions with customers at a high level on their specific technology pillars across multiple vendors in order to identify specific customer requirements and then engage in building designs to meeting customers’ business requirements;
- Actively input into CAE’s technical portfolio lifecycle of vendors and technology;
- Support the Strategy and Direction team in developing new, or refine existing, service/solution propositions for use by the Sales teams. This will require close collaboration with other key stakeholders within CAE;
- Identify and support technical and process improvements across CAE Service and Sales teams;
- Undertake formal and non-formal training courses in areas of new technology aligned to CAE’s vendor and technology roadmap or other courses as deemed necessary by the senior management team.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
What is needed?
- Understanding of infrastructure transformations, key IT architectural design principles and cost benefit analysis related to IT operational design;
- Understanding of Business Operations and IT Functions beyond technology;
- Understanding of Sales Cycles;
- Understanding of IT Outsource Services;
- Advanced understanding and experience in presales work in Cisco networking & security technologies;
- Is accomplished in writing bid responses and conveying technical outputs into business benefits;
- Good presentations skills, Organised and methodical;
- Be able to prioritise multiple projects and work to deadlines;
- Professional and discreet.
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP Routing and Switching or equivalent qualifications
- Understanding of ITIL and Experience of IT Managed or Outsourced Service designs;
- Experience of identifying and managing risk to an organisation in a technical and operational context;
- Experience of analysing information to identify trends and opportunities;
- Experience of working with and delivering presentations to stakeholders at all levels;
- High level technical skills across specific technical disciplines;
- Advanced understanding and experience in presales work experience in Cisco UC technologies;
- Advanced understanding and experience in presales work experience in presales work in in Palo Alto technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Computing related subject
This is CAE – Our goal is to be recognised as the most trusted and valued IT infrastructure solutions provider, and be chosen by our customers, partners and everyone in the CAE family, because of our unique understanding, total commitment and positive engagement.
We get recognised in a number of different ways:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Places to Work
- With a Glassdoor score of 4.1
- Having ISO9001 and 27001 certifications
- With multiple awards from manufacturers including Cisco and Palo Alto
- As part of the Sunday Times International Track 200 for fast growing exports
- Being 3 star accredited with the Service Desk Institute
- Within our industry with shortlists and wins from CRN and Comms dealer magazines
- and every time we get an order from one of customers – recognising that we are their partner of choice whether they are in the Commercial, Public or not for profit sectors
It is our approach that sets us apart and our people that make us different #thisishowwedoit
What is next?
If successful, one of our dedicated recruitment team members will be in touch with you for a screening call. Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback.
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Investors in Personal Development
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Tech Scheme
- Will writing
- Additional benefits: Shopping discounts, Length of service awards, BUPA anytime Healthline, Tastecard, Flu Vaccination Vouchers, Employee Recognition, Annual leave entitlements, Cycle to Work Scheme, Fresh Fruit
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.