Working as part of a team, the Care Coordinators are pivotal to the service we provide and are responsible for ensuring we deliver the highest quality of care to our clients while making the most efficient use of our team of community-based Care Workers.
At all times, the Care Coordinators are expected to promote a caring environment for our clients and service users and to adhere to the requirements and guidance of the CQC and other legal framework within the care industry.
This role would suit somebody that has worked in Care and is looking for their next step.
The focus of the role is to:
- Accept, allocate and process new referrals for care and support promptly
- Process changes to customers care and support plans
- Make sure there is sufficient cover to deliver care and support on time
- Monitor the allocation of carers to maximise efficiency whilst supporting them through the use of IT systems
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota. This will only be required after the post holder has received full training and has been assessed as competent to provide appropriate guidance and advice in emergency situations
- Work with the office team to maintain up to date electronic and handwritten records.
- Work with the Care team and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services and to make improvements where necessary
- Excellent working knowledge of the day-to-day requirements of domiciliary care work
- Able to work as part of a team but with the ability to work equally well unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Able to prioritise and manage time
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Able to demonstrate supervisory skills
- Able to apply tact, discretion, and diplomacy to varying situations
- Experience of planning staff rotas
- Ability to give clear instructions and guidance
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and has a positive attitude and approach to their work
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to demonstrate leadership and ownership
- Excellent time keeping and able to meet the travel requirements of the role
With drive and enthusiasm to meet the needs of our clients and the growth of our business; great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are key. You will be part of a great team.
You must have the right to work in the UK; full driving license and use of a car.
You will be required to undergo a full Disclosure and Barring Service process for this role.
The ideal candidate will ideally hold a Level 2 NVQ/Diploma in Health and Social Care (or higher level of qualification).