Due to continued expansion and rapid growth we have an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join Crowe U.K. LLP as a Supervisor within our Global Business Solutions (GBS) department as part of the Compliance team based at our office in Cheltenham.
The remit of the Compliance team is to ensure that all international statutory compliance deadlines i.e. statutory financial statements, audits, corporate tax returns, corporate secretarial work etc. are prepared and filed on a timely basis for our GBS client portfolio. This covers our US client base who have either full subsidiaries, branches or permanent establishments overseas, across 30+ different countries on a global basis.
This position, supervising an existing team, would further expand the Compliance team assigned to our UK client portfolio whilst also offering opportunities to work on an international scale. Taking responsibility for the planning and management of compliance work across our US client base including the preparation, review and delivery of their UK statutory compliance obligations, you will ensure a high quality, consistent global approach and client service excellence is provided as well as developing a more junior team.
A ‘hands on’ role which will give you access to an interesting range of US tech start-ups and their senior management team, as well as their international operations.
Reporting directly to the Compliance Director, the role offers the right individual a real opportunity for progression into a Management position in the future.
- Desire be part of a fast-paced, expanding and successful department, excited by the opportunity to work in an international environment and with a drive to contribute to the ongoing success of the firm and the team.
- Demonstrate understanding, technical knowledge and application of FRS 102; ability to prepare and review FRS 102 UK financial statements, providing feedback, coaching and training to a more junior team.
- Project manage key stages of delivering an international compliance services to our clients; with a focus on ensuring that all UK statutory compliance services are delivered to our client portfolio in a timely manner; this includes identification of audit requirements, coordination and scheduling with statutory auditors, preparation and review of financial statements, answering team, auditors and client queries, supervising a junior team and ensuring all deadlines are identified and achieved.
- Communicate effectively with clients in an articulate, informed, persuasive fashion, with an ability to give them the confidence that you have the answers and can deliver as well as adopting a global project management mind-set, ensuring that global obligations and implications are identified and being handled by the relevant teams.
- Ability to identify and anticipate client needs or issues and present possible solutions;
- Challenge, adapt and/or champion new ways of working; be a self-starter who can input in to continuous improvements for process and procedures both within the team and across the department.
- Commercial awareness; ability to contribute towards marked improvements in budgets, time recording, fee structure and profitability of work.
- Client relationship management on a both a ‘client lead’ basis with an international focus as well as acting as a single point of contact for the client for their UK statutory compliance obligations.
- Preparation of more complex UK statutory financial statements in accordance with the applicable UK financial reporting framework and standards (i.e. FRS 102).
- Review draft financial statements prepared by the Compliance Assistant/Compliance Associate, provide feedback on any amendments or local statutory adjustments required and provide technical support.
- Supervisory responsibility and ability to contribute to the continued development of more junior team members and colleagues.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate UK audit work and assist with audit queries coordinating with both internal accounting teams and statutory auditors, providing clear, concise and accurate emails to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring delivering of all UK compliance work inside deadlines ensuring that clients are fully informed of status and progress.
- Support and review the UK company secretarial services such as the preparation and filing of annual Confirmation Statements, PSC Registers, director appointment and terminations, changes to registered office addresses etc. with Companies House.
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the Compliance Director as appropriate.
- Provide cover across the wider team as necessary – opportunity to get involved in international compliance work across APAC and/or EMEA regions if desired.
- Support the Compliance Director on assigned and ad-hoc tasks and with allocated clients or regions; dealing with and responding to ad hoc queries and using initiative in different situations.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with year+ post qualified experience.
- Previous experience of handling a large client portfolio, including UK statutory financial statement preparation, review and/or audit, gained within public practice.
- Excellent client service and communication skills and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly.
- Ability to deliver consistent responses and high standards first time through high attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- A team player and self-starter who is able to come in and quickly take ownership with minimal management supervision.
- Experience with people management either through direct line management or supervisory experience of a more junior team would be advantageous.
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel. Experience with Caseware and Iris highly desirable.
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients.