National Communications Manager
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, the eighth largest accounting network in the world, with access to more than 36,000 people in 130 countries and across 800+ offices globally.
The talent of our people, our size, our structure and our values mean our clients can rely on a depth of specialist knowledge and personal delivery from the professionals they work with.
The needs and ambitions of our clients – businesses of all sizes, professional practices, non profit organisations, pension funds and private clients – define the advice we apply to help them to make smarter decisions today that create lasting value in the future, which is why we see our clients stay with us year after year.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career with a recognised brand in the business to business professional services market.
This management position reports directly to the National Head of Marketing and Communications, working across the entire firm to build reputation in the market, raise recognition among buyers and influencers and create opportunities to develop relationships with stakeholders. The communications manager will line manage one communications executive and has a dotted line to a marketing assistant. They will be based in the London office with regular travel required to other UK office locations.
Candidates will need a strong communications and professional services background. This role requires an experienced marketing manager with strong people management skills to manage the national communications team and successfully deliver of the strategic communications priorities, aligned to the firm’s overall strategy.
The position would suit candidates with broad communications experience who have worked across the full communications mix and have a strong understanding of brand development. Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential to succeed in the position. Ideally, the candidate will have experience of working in a consultative environment.
Media and PR
- Strategic planning and campaign development for external and internal communications activities, including multi-channel communication campaigns.
- Active management of PR for the firm, including: identifying press issues, profile building for key partners, drafting and approving press releases and managing coordination across national and regional audiences, responding to media queries and managing crisis communication issues.
- Maintaining press clippings and media database, monitoring and reporting impact of PR campaigns.
- Managing multi-agency relationships with external PR providers.
- Monitoring and enforcing PR protocol and policy in line with firm strategy and PR priorities.
- Coordinating media training for partners.
- Managing social media communities and communication for the firm.
- Developing the social media strategy for the firm in line with PR priorities and target audiences.
- Working with partners and stakeholders to educate and champion social media best practice in line with firm’s strategy and policy.
- Monitoring and addressing social media risk.
- Copy editing and/or proof-reading for all public-facing marketing collateral including marketing brochures, newsletters, advertisements.
- Planning and developing web copy in line with digital communication and SEO principles.
- Planning and writing new collateral that has national appeal.
- Championing the firm’s writing style guide/tone of voice and delivering training and mentoring in copywriting.
- Developing content ideas across a range of mediums including articles, video and infographics to creatively and effectively communicate key messages.
- Drafting bylined articles for partners on complex technical subjects for a variety of audiences.
- Developing an internal communications strategy and new channels to communicate across the firm.
- Managing the news content of the firm’s Intranet platform.
- Managing editorial and production of the quarterly internal newsletter and e-bulletin; responsible for sourcing content, writing, editing and distribution.
- Supporting the National Head of Marketing and Communications and Executive team with internal communication planning and messaging.
Project management and reporting
- Project managing the development of flagship communication material such as the Transparency Report, Gender Pay Gap Report, firmwide brochure and others that may arise on an ad hoc basis.
- Performance reports in the area of communications to be presented to the Head of Marketing and Communications on a monthly basis.
- Ability to work reactively and proactively.
- Efficient time management and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Responsive and enthusiastic.
- Good communicator at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately obtain and convert technical content into compelling copy.
- Works well in a team and on their own.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- CRM experience, preferably InterAction.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft office.
- Degree level education in communications or marketing.
- CIM qualified (desirable).
- Must have previous professional services experience preferably in accountancy.