Executive, Accounts & Outsourcing
We are a well-established and growing top 15 firm with a strong reputation for providing a high quality service, with areas of technical expertise in the following areas: Corporate Business, Non Profit, Pension Funds, Professional Practice and Private Clients.
We are looking for an ambitious Executive to join our successful and growing Accounts and Outsourcing team based in Maidstone,Kent. You will be joining a talented team committed to delivering a high quality service to a varied portfolio of clients.
Executives are responsible for ensuring clients needs are met in a timely and effective manner whilst ensuring all opportunities for added value are identified.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and review of disclosures predominantly under FRS102 s1a
- Preparation of management reporting for clients and helping identify opportunities with key personnel.
- Preparation of audit deliverables and liaising with auditors as necessary.
- Bookkeeping duties using a variety of accounting software e.g. Sage, Xero, Exact.
- VAT Return preparation, review and submission.
- Meeting clients face-to-face and developing a good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Managing own client portfolio ensuring client needs are met
- Assisting junior members of staff and mentoring where appropriate.
- Take part in Practice Development and start to develop own contacts to network with.
- Manage time costs that are being charged to clients and reviewing jobs where the budget has been exceeded.
- Take responsibility for your work and multi task in an organised manner.
- Meeting clients face to face and developing a good rapport.
- Ensure you understand the services that Crowe can offer and identify areas that a client could benefit from other services - discuss cross selling opportunities with the client Manager/Partner.
- Basic preparation of Corporation Tax computations.
- Understand client’s internal controls and where weaknesses are identified, suggest improvements.
- Understanding a wide range of industries and looking to add value as much as possible.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA)
- Ability to support and mentor team members
- An exceptional team player, juggling a number of clients with conflicting demands
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and Caseware
- Excellent knowledge of FRS 102 s1a
- Experience managing client assignments
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and act accordingly.
- The ability to act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients.
- Effective time and project management skills, being able to manage multiple assignments within the required timeframes.
- Ability to use own initiative and think independently in order to resolve issues.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Commitment to their personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Is pro-active and enthusiastic, looking for business opportunities and methods of improving service delivery.