Sales Manager - Central Government
The largest multi-channel distributor of business supplies and services in the industry with unparalleled reach and experience in the UK, EVO Group provides sourcing, storage and fulfilment services to over 20,000 resellers, corporate organisations and direct customers through VOW, VOW RETAIL, Banner, Accord, Truline and Yes2.
With an unrivalled logistics platform, the highest number of direct manufacturer relations and the broadest multi-channel sales structure, we continue to lead the business supplies and services industry across the UK and Ireland. Through constant innovation, progressive business services and the most extensive product range, we remain at the forefront of our industry offering an exceptional overall customer experience.
Role Objective: To deliver sales and margin growth through the effective management of a team of Key Account Managers (KAMs) and National Account Managers (NAMs). To ensure retention and growth of all major strategic accounts and achievement of all sales, growth, margin and new business targets. To develop a strong understanding of Public Sector procurement, framework offerings and key procurement contacts in Central Government, Executive Agencies and Arm’s Length Bodies.
Manages: Key Account and Business Development Managers
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Key Account Managers and National Account Managers to grow sales and margin to achieve targets set and revised from time to time.
- Manage the total performance of team members, assisting and guiding when necessary to improve and develop.
- Host regular team meetings ensuring the team are fully aware of the Company and Departmental goals and objectives and demonstrate your support for these goals and objectives.
- Support KAMs and NAMs in effective management of accounts and strategic account review presentations
- Ensure that KAMs and NAMs produce and work on business plans for all Key Accounts.
- Ensure retention of all live profitable accounts within the portfolio.
- Develop business development and account management policy and ensure effective implementation and communication to the team.
- Ensure that all aspects of sales management process are achieved within deadlines and to the required standards.
- Consistently win a targeted number of new product categories by identifying product category opportunities and ensure effective follow up.
- Provide accurate and timely reports
- Address any credit or payment issues arising on accounts to ensure debt against all accounts is kept to an acceptable level.
- Working closely with the Sales Director for Central Government, to ensure that the contractual obligations and associated administration of the CCS Central Government Framework is fulfilled.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft IT packages
- Knowledge of Banner products and services, competitors and the market
- Full driving licence
- A minimum of 5 years public sector strategic account management experience is desirable
- Proven sales and profit achievement against sales targets
- Proven sales management experience is desirable
- Experience of the office supplies / business services industry
- You may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks, from time to time, for which you have been trained and which may or may not be related to the areas above
- You are expected to familiarise yourself with the various health and safety requirements that apply to your role, division, site and the Company generally.
- Relevant legislation, professional standards and ethics that apply to the role must be taken into account when performing duties.
NOTE: The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.