We are recruiting a Customer Service Advisor in our Normanton offices to respond to customer contacts, delivering a high level of service to all customers. They will both reactively and proactively liaise with customers, identifying customer needs, building rapport and offering solutions. They will ensure queries are dealt with rapidly and efficiently. All applicants must have an excellent telephone manner and written communication skills and the ability to follow all queries through to resolution in a professional and courteous manner.
The Customer Service Advisor will also actively promote an organisational culture that values, reinforces and strives to continuously improve the customer experience.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Answer calls quickly and efficiently, relaying correct information on customer queries, advising customers accurately to resolve any outstanding issues. Deal with a high volume of email queries from sales, customers and cash collections. Dealing with any Webchat enquires.
- Act upon and deal with any post sales queries received from internal and external customers. Ensure all queries are logged and acted upon swiftly, working closely with internal colleagues and managing customer expectation.
- Resolving customer complaints and to take ownership for customer requests, including keeping them informed of delays or issues once a query has been raised.
- Ensuring all queries are logged on the diary system so there is a full audit trail and queries are kept open till resolution.
- Understanding and fully utilising business systems in order to log all contacts and all actions taken in accordance with business rules and actively seek ways to improve.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of operational procedures and how the actions of the Customer Service Department impact on the business especially regarding credit management and credit reduction. All queries logged must have clear notes and full audit trail of actions taken and resolution.
- Act in accordance with business processes and rules to ensure business decisions on all customer requests are completed promptly and accurately, and within customer and credit authorisation levels.
- Ensure all computerised customer records of query management and customer processes are kept up to date. Ensuring we are working within agreed query SLA’s, take responsibility for own query diary maintenance and keep customers updated if over SLA.
- Follow and achieve weekly and monthly objectives as set by the Ecommerce Manager as well as any other duties as and when required by management.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous customer service experience is a must.
- A background and understanding of online trading, online regulations and standards are a must.
- Have a pleasant and friendly style, with a genuine desire to please the customer by expressing appropriate levels of empathy for the customer’s situation whilst actively listening to understand customers’ needs.
- Proficiency in actively solving problems and influencing customers to accept outcomes.
- Highly resilient and able to handle complaints, even when dealing with difficult customers.
- Work accurately and efficiently with an eye for detail.
- The ability to handle queries in the best interests of both customer and Company.
- Commercial sense to understand the financial impact on the business bottom line.
- Desire and ability to investigate and find root cause of queries and ensure they are acted upon appropriately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- The ability to multitask, be organised, agree priorities and meet deadlines.
- The ability to adapt to change.
- Industry and product knowledge would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of online trading, regulations and standards is desirable.
- Good practical understanding and proficiency of working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
WHAT DO WE DO?
The EVO Group of Companies connects manufacturers and brands to their business customers through its integrated multi-channel, sales, e-commerce, operational and transport platform.
EVO provides sales, marketing, sourcing, delivery, storage and fulfilment services on behalf of manufacturers. It supports a network of reseller partners, alongside Corporates, Public Sector and SME companies in the UK and Ireland, via the trading entities of VOW and Banner. All of these services are underpinned by EVO Group’s 350 vehicle transport organisation, Truline.
We offer a competitive range of benefits including free parking, pension plan, Employee Assistance Programme, paid charity support day, holiday purchasing, staff discounts, an opt-in medical plan and eyecare assistance. As part of EVO Group your hard work can be rewarded through the EVO Honours reward programme and long service recognition schemes.
DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making The EVO Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion.
The EVO Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.