Furniture Installer - Birtley
Responsible for the delivery and installation of furniture and other goods as required.
Committed to an excellent customer experience driven by service and good communication utilising internal and external resources to provide and measure service and compliance.
Ensuring safe loads and safe driving to maximise delivery and installation efficiently and courteously using any handling aids and in line with business requirements.
Continuously self-assessing risk and health and safety compliance in all areas of the role.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Delivering and Installing furniture and accessories.
- Familiarisation with products available through extensive supplier network.
- With direction from furniture install manager, managing own furniture installation diary.
- Checking all deliveries are complete, free of damage and booked in with customer prior to delivery.
- Loading/unloading of vehicle daily.
- Fully responsible for the management and maintenance of full tool kit.
- Collecting goods from Rotherham as and when required.
- Acquiring PDI and any other paperwork necessary to complete each install prior to delivery.
- Obtaining customer signature via DMS and confirming for POD.
- Assisting warehouse and colleagues with deliveries of any other goods as and when required in branch.
- Answering and responding to emails and phone calls.
- Assisting with warehouse operational process to fully integrate customer experience.
- Working with other departments and branches to improve collaboration and communication for the customer.
- Managing and maintaining company vehicle and keeping it clean, presentable, and fully road worthy at all times.
- Working with furniture admin team and supply chain to report and resolve delivery related issues to ensure compliance and exceptional customer experience.
- Receipting goods-in and performing stock checks as and when required.
- Helping with dispatch of goods and vehicles as and when required.
- Facilitating fleet administration and communication with Group transport team.
- Ensuring appropriate disposal of customer waste in line with company policy and H & S regulation and law.
Key skills and behaviours needed:
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Skill to assemble flat packed and other furniture.
- Proficient with computer software applications and packages.
- A professional, positive, and supportive attitude with a strong will to succeed.
- The ability to blend with others to form a strong team.
- Excellent organisational ability.
- Experience of successfully operating in a similar role.
- Proficiency to execute a high level of detail.
- The capacity to create, or challenge ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- FLT beneficial.
Diversity and Anti-Discrimination Statement
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making the evo Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion. The evo Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.
evo Group are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer. We have a strong CSR and ESG ethos which is reflected in our Company values and the work we do.
NOTE: The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.