Banner Account Executive
Hybrid Sales Role
Summary of role:
This is a hybrid sales role. A proportion of the week will be based in the Norwich office as an internal sales role proactively conducting outbound sales calls to existing and new customers and managing their accounts, but also will periodically require External Client Visits to conduct customer meetings on site in order to forge the customer relationship and maximise the sales opportunities. A strong understanding of Public Sector procurement, framework offerings and key procurement contacts in Central Government, Executive Agencies and Arm’s Length Bodies will be necessary for this role.
The Account Executive will develop new business and maximise sales through pro-active telesales calls, customer visits and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the workload of the portfolio of accounts.
They will deliver a high-level of service to all potential and existing customers, will ensure retention and growth of key strategic accounts and will achieve all sales, growth, margin, and new business targets.
They will strategically develop and maximise all selling opportunities for additional product categories and win new business with pre-identified strategic account prospects.
Key activities will include developing new business (prospecting/switch activities), customer development (activation/retention/contracts/terms), marketing support (outbound promotions/maximise take-up).
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities and prospecting for new business via outbound telesales activity and customer visits
- Maintain, prospect, and successfully convert a pipeline via CRM for new business and additional product categories to existing customers. Reviewing of gap analysis data to help identify the opportunities to sell the additional product categories
- Understanding and fully utilising sales tools provided to maximise the full potential and spend of each customer
- Achieving business targets (sales target, gross profit margin, etc)
- Ensuring all computerised records are kept up to date
- Conduct a specific quota of appointments per month to monitor and contact all key decision-making contacts.
- Retain existing contracted customers, ensuring each contract receives a specific quota of reviews per annual year.
- Ensure all contracts and sites (where applicable) are achieving the ECV.
- Ensure all contracts are aware of our full category/service offering, understand their contract lifecycles to identify new business/category/service opportunities.
- Focus on switching any non-contracted business on to a Service Level Agreement with a view to working towards a contract.
- Build effective relationships with all key internal departments within the business.
- Assist in developing tender/pricing proposals and contract bids, contract documentation and revisions for new and existing business in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Researching, preparing, and conducting customer presentations.
- Address any credit or payment issues arising on accounts to ensure debt against all accounts is kept to an acceptable level.
- Working closely in partnership with the Central Government account management and customer service team, to ensure that the sales strategy and shared objectives are adhered to.
Skills, knowledge, and qualities required:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years account management experience
- Experience of the office supplies / business services industry
- Computer literate with a high standard of working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of products and competitors desirable
- Experienced in Maintaining, prospecting and successfully converting a new business pipeline
- A full clean current UK Driving Licence
- The ability to multitask, be organised, agree priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in accurately pricing, maximising profitability whilst protecting GP%
- Numerate, articulate, outgoing, enthusiastic, well-presented person with a natural confident manner
- A self-starter with strong initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, along with sound knowledge of customer base, customer needs and the sales cycle and process.