Banner Business Solutions Ltd T/A Complete
Position and Job Overview
Working with the established creative and print team at our Derby branch, with full responsibility for the management and development of the web2print and design department inclusive of artworking/typesetting for print production as well as web2print programming and development. Supporting workloads, team and personal development, technology, and inter-department co-ordination in line with business strategy.
Hybrid role (will require flexibility to suit business needs due to onsite manufacturing).
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Managing and rebalancing team workload in line with agreed KPIs in addition to holiday calendar management, sickness etc
- Training and development for the web2print and design team on the various aspects of their roles
- Sector knowledge on capabilities
- Problem-solving design, print and web related issues
- Typesetting and creative artworking
- Pre-press checking of files and correction of any client files for appropriate production replication
- Web-to-Print template building and maintenance
- Discussing with print management team on projects/deadlines/optimal solutions/artwork specs etc for work covering digital, operational, marketing, signage and POS
- Discussing with marketing on upcoming projects
- Liaising with IT on any technical / software support and developments
- Data processing and manipulation (reports, data jobs etc)
- Creating and modifying traces and Duplo programs in line with our inhouse production
- HTML+CSS for site skinning
- Dealing effectively and efficiently with any complaints, errors and staff issues
Key skills and behaviours needed:
- Graphic Design qualification
- Software experience of InDesign, AI & Adobe packages
- Management experience
- Web2print experience (this is our unique USP and a strong focus area for growth and development)
- Pro-active approach to department success (customer focused and professional)
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills – must work well under pressure managing inter-department communication on project/software support
- Attention to detail
- Small format digital print manufacturing experience
- Experience of presenting and delivering collaborative creative briefs direct with clients
- Pageflex (storefront) software knowledge
- Web-site design/programming
DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making evo an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion. evo expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.
evo are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer. We have a strong CSR and ESG ethos which is reflected in our Company values and the work we do.
NOTE: The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.