Inventory Planner/Import Administrator
The Inventory Planner will work with the Inventory Planning Manager/Head of VOW Inventory, focussing on maximising customer fill rate and stock efficiency out of the main Distribution Centres and in relation to a particular portfolio of Vendors.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Optimising all purchase orders to replenish stock, ensuring that they are raised in a timely fashion and are in line with both service and stock targets
- Tracking incoming international shipments and container bookings with Carriers
- Record keeping and administration of imports and associated documents
- Working closely with Suppliers to ensure that the right stock is delivered as required
- Working closely with the Goods-In teams to ensure that deliveries and put-away activity are prioritised effectively
- Ensuring that due dates for out-of-stock products are communicated to the business accurately and promptly
- Improving and developing working relationships with Vendors
- Assisting in the development of demand forecasts as required
- Ensuring that stock is in place to support promotions throughout their duration
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience of working within an Inventory Planning team
- Experience of Supply Chain KPI’s; Fill Rates, Stock Budgets etc
- GCSE Maths and English – Level 5/Grade C or above
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise effectively
- Good communication skills, able to articulate clearly to internal staff and external vendors / customers
- Ability to develop Vendor relationships and address Vendor Performance issues
- Good commercial awareness and high level of business acumen
- Passionate about delivering the required results
- Level-headed when problems arrive
- Approachable and collaborative within a team environment
- Conscientious, determined and focussed
- Experience of working in the Business Supplies /Services industry
- Knowledge of shipping consignments by deep sea, air and road from global markets and experience of dealing with Suppliers, carriers/forwarders at origin.
- An understanding of import documentation to support shipments eg customs invoices, packing lists, Bills of Lading
- Experience of working within a high volume, fast paced environment
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or above
- Supply Chain qualification
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Experience of working with a Demand Planning/Requirements Planning System
- Good Microsoft Office Skills – especially Excel
- Ability to analyse data, identify the issues and develop solutions to drive improvement
WHAT DO WE DO?
EVO Group are the largest multi-channel distributor of business supplies and services in the industry with unparalleled reach and experience in the UK. We provide sourcing, storage and fulfilment services to over 20,000 resellers, corporate organisations and direct customers through VOW, VOW RETAIL, Banner and Truline.
With an unrivalled logistics platform, the highest number of direct manufacturer relations and the broadest multi-channel sales structure, we continue to lead the business supplies and services industry across the UK and Ireland. Through constant innovation, progressive business services and the most extensive product range, we remain at the forefront of our industry offering an exceptional overall customer experience.
DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making The EVO Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion.
The EVO Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.