This position is responsible for sourcing cost effective private label products, and managing suppliers and product compliance.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
- Understanding and procuring unique private label product ranges for UK and Ireland from suppliers in the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World
- Identification & development of long term suppliers for existing and new products in accordance with the VOW Wholesale strategy and plan.
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve the best business package for VOW Wholesale including pricing, rebates and payment terms.
- Engaging with suppliers on exclusive VOW Ireland supply chain agreements where required to minimise tariffs and ensure that pricing is competitive.
- Work with Product Management during product range reviews to ensure that the Groups ranges operate efficiently and satisfy sales channel requirements.
- Working with VOW Inventory to manage supplier import arrangements to the UK and Ireland.
- Managing the full process of bringing new products to market.
- Taking overall responsibility for vendor ‘house-keeping‘ including supplier set up, product set up, maintenance of specification, supplier audits, stock issues.
- Reporting on supplier performance and manage communication with suppliers on issues and improvement plans where required.
- Understand and monitor product and supplier compliance in line with company terms and conditions and keep up to date with differences between EU and UK product certification.
- Building strong relationships and rapport with key personnel, interfacing at different levels with key supplier contacts. Ensure regular communication on EVO’s strategic direction.
- Prioritising activity that presents the greatest influence, both real and potential, on the profitability of EVO Group.
- Experience in buying, supply chain management and negotiation.
- Experience of importing products.
- CIPS qualifications.
- Knowledge of office products and services industry.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Developed presentation skills.
- Good product and market knowledge, knows and understands their supplier’s business and business environment.
- Pro-active, professional and tenacious.
- Numerate, analytical and organised.
We offer a competitive range of benefits, including free parking (subject to site availability), contributory pension plan, Employee Assistance Programme, retailer and lifestyle perks and discounts, paid charity support day, staff discounts, an opt-in medical plan and eyecare assistance. Our employees hard work can be rewarded through the EVO Honours reward programme and long service recognition schemes. We support and encourage our employees training and development with access to a e-learning platform covering a wide range of topics and the opportunity to complete a fully funded Apprenticeship or Adult Learning courses (terms apply).
We also have a generous holiday package and a holiday purchasing scheme. All our employees either get their Birthday off every year or a voucher in their birthday month, and in most areas of the business we close between Christmas and New Year!
DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making The EVO Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion. The EVO Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.
EVO Group are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ accredited employer. We have a strong CSR and ESG ethos which is reflected in our Company values and the work we do.