WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- To answer calls quickly and efficiently, and relay correct information on customer queries, advising customers accurately to resolve any outstanding issues; also deal with a high volume of emails queries from sales, customers and cash collections.
- Act upon and deal with any post invoice queries received from internal and external customers. Ensure all invoice queries are logged and acted upon swiftly so not to delay any payment of the customer’s account, working closely with internal customers of sales, cash collections and other departments within the organisation.
- To resolve customer complaints and to take ownership for customer requests including keeping them informed of delays or issues once a query has been raised.
- Support internal colleagues in providing ETA information or detail on some pre invoice queries
- Ensuring all queries are logged on the diary system so there is a full audit trail and queries kept open till resolution
- Understand and fully utilise business systems in order to log all contacts and all actions taken in accordance with business rules and actively seek ways to improve.
- Be able to demonstrate a full understanding of operational procedures and how the actions of the Customer Service Department impacts on the business especially regarding credit management and credit reduction. All queries logged must have clear notes and full audit trail of actions taken and resolution.
- Act in accordance with business processes and rules to ensure business decisions on all customer requests are completed promptly and accurately, and within customer and credit authorisation levels
- Ensure all computerised customer records of query management and customer processes are kept up to date. Ensuring we are working within agreed query SLA’s and keeping customers updated if over SLA
- Follow and achieve weekly and monthly objectives as set by the Customer Service Manager. Any other duties as and when required by management.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Have a pleasant and friendly style with a genuine desire to please the customer by expressing appropriate levels of empathy for the customer’s situation whilst actively listening to understand customers’ needs.
- Proficiency in actively solving problems and influencing customers to accept outcomes.
- Highly resilient and able to handle complaints, even when dealing with difficult customers.
- Work accurately and efficiently with an eye for detail.
- The ability to handle queries in the best interests of both customer and Company.
- Commercial sense to understand the financial impact on the business of credits on both Banner bottom line and internal sales impact in regard to credit management
- Desire and ability to investigate to find root cause of queries and ensure they are acted upon appropriately
- Good practical understanding and proficiency of working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels of personnel.
- The ability to multitask, be organised, agree priorities and meet deadlines.
- The ability to adapt to change.
- Industry and product knowledge would be advantageous.
WHAT DO WE DO?
In October 2014, Banner and Supplies Team came together after an acquisition of both companies made by the EVO Group. Now we are one unified business, with great backgrounds and an ambition to lead the business supplies marketplace.
EVO Group is a £660m group, formed from the merger of Vasanta and office2officeplc (o2o). The largest multi-channel distributor of business supplies and services in the industry with unparalleled reach and experience in the UK, EVO Group provides sourcing, storage and fulfilment services to over 20,000 resellers, corporate organisations and direct customers through VOW, VOW RETAIL, Banner and Truline.
We offer a competitive range of benefits including free parking, subsidised canteen, pension plan, Employee Assistance Programme, paid charity support day, holiday purchasing, staff discounts, an opt-in medical plan and eyecare assistance. As part of EVO Group your hard work can be rewarded through the EVO Honours reward programme and long service recognition schemes.
DIVERSITY AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making The EVO Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion.
The EVO Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.