Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivalled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways.
Your New Role
Working as part of the senior leadership team you will be responsible for leading and directing the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of engineering systems for the project, including communications, signalling, ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems. You will manage and direct a team of experts to deliver system specifications, variations, design approval, interface specifications and acceptance of sub-systems. This will enable the efficient and effective delivery of operational safety and train service delivery for the client.
This role will suit an individual with strong background working in rail projects, previous implementation of rail systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 and the relevant sub-systems (Trackside, Onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO, TMS).
In return, NRC will offer you a competitive salary package including performance-based bonuses; high level of autonomy and responsibility to create your success. This unique opportunity will enable you to make your mark in a growing consultancy Company.
To be successful in this role, you should have/be;
- Working as part of the senior leadership team to deliver the Digital Systems integration which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales.
- Lead and direct the Digital Systems Integration team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Establish, provide guidance on and interpret technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice including the identification and recommendation of ways to reduce system costs and reduce construction time without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning for implementation of all rail systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 and the relevant sub-systems (Trackside, Onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO, TMS) onto the Sydney Trains network.
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and implementation of ETCS Level 2 and ATO ensuring projects are completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Contribute to the development of project requests for proposal (RFPs) and to the evaluation of proposals from contractors/subcontractors.
What we are looking from you;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of directing complex organisations.
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications.
- Experience in an executive position within a main line / high speed rail organisation.
- Strong background in managing Signalling project, preferably ETCS Level 2, ATO and Traffic Management systems or equivalent systems
- Knowledge of one or more of the ETCS L2 sub-systems (trackside, onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO or TMS)
- Track record of bringing complex railroad projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Development of strategies to support the strategic network needs; monitoring the contribution of infrastructure systems to organisational success
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Experience during the development and entry into service phase of new rail infrastructure.
- Knowledge/experience of working in the Australian rail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
If that describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!