Managing Consultant - ETCS Engineer (onboard)
Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivaled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways.
Your New Role
The role will be responsible for supporting the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of ETCS L2 engineering systems for the program. This will focus on supporting the onboard workstream for ETCS L2 and ensuring it is integrated with the remaining ETCS sub-systems (trackside, onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO or TMS) and ensuring it is integrated with the remaining ETCS sub-systems and legacy infrastructure. The role will support a functional team to deliver system specifications, variations, design approval, interface specifications and acceptance of sub-systems. This will enable the efficient and effective delivery of operational safety and train service delivery for the client.
This role will suit an individual with a strong background in ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems.
In return, NRC will offer you a competitive salary package including performance-based bonuses; high level of autonomy and responsibility to create your success. This unique opportunity will enable you to make your mark in a growing consultancy Company.
To be successful in this role, you should have/be:
- Work to deliver the requirements of the Digital Systems program which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW)
- Support the onboard works for the Digital Systems team to achieve business objectives by owning functional deliverables and interfaces that meet key project milestones and performance objectives
- Provide support and guidance for the onboard system and be responsible for the integration of the onboard works with other sub-systems
- Provide expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice
- Provide support to the planning for implementation of all rail systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 onto the Sydney Trains network
- Provide technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective and safe working
- Provide direction to the planning and implementation of ETCS Level 2 and ATO ensuring projects are completed within prescribed timeframes
- Provide the planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided
- Work with the wider TfNSW team and stakeholders to deliver an integrated solution that delivers on the client’s requirements
- Ensuring a collaborative approach at all times with the client and all key stakeholders
What we are looking from you;
- Experience of working with onboard systems on railway signalling projects
- Strong background in engineering management of signalling projects
- Experience of ETCS
- Experience of delivering rail projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes
- Developed report writing ability
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of one or more of the ETCS L2 sub-systems (trackside, FTN, DTRS, ATO or TMS) or equivalent sub-systems (desirable)
- Working towards chartered or incorporated engineering status (desirable)
- Membership of a relevant professional body (desirable)
- Experience during the development and entry into service phase of new rail infrastructure (desirable)
- Knowledge/experience of working in the Australian rail industry (desirable)
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
If that describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!