Senior Programme Manager
Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivalled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways.
Your New Role
Working as part of the senior leadership team you will be responsible for leading and directing the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of engineering systems for the project, including communications, signalling, ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems. Develop and deliver a programme of work in line with business requirements and customer expectations. The programme should be undertaken in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to cost, time and quality in line with Corporate Governance; Company Standards and procedures.
This role will suit an individual with strong background in leading major rail projects, including communications, signalling, ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems to successful completion on time and within budget.
In return, NRC will offer you a competitive salary package including performance-based bonuses; high level of autonomy and responsibility to create your success. This unique opportunity will enable you to make your mark in a growing consultancy Company.
To be successful in this role, you should have/be:
- Lead the team with the Programme Director to deliver the Digital Systems integration which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales..
- Achieve the programme outturn and margins as agreed with the Programme Director. Direct the team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the development and delivery of the Programme work scope whilst reviewing & confirming compliance with appropriate company governance, standards and procedures.
- Identify priority opportunities within the programme and lead promotion and sharing of best practice between programmes.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning for implementation of all rail systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 onto the Sydney Trains network.
- Oversee the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and implementation of the ETCS Level 2 and ATO ensuring projects are completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Monitor planning so that it considers cross-programme requirements and supports the effective delivery of contracted obligations.
- Develop and improve relationships with key stakeholders, clients, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Develop and manage the Programme team, monitoring adequate resources available to deliver a flexible, competent, skilled and effective workforce at all times.
- Sponsor audit of programme and project documentation, activities, processes and systems. Lead the communication of key issues for the function.
What we are looking from you;
- + 15 years’ experience of directing complex organisations.
- Experience in an executive position within a main line / high speed rail organisation.
- Strong background in managing Signalling, in particular ETCS Level 2, ATO and Traffic Management systems
- Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree
- Proven track record of bringing complex railroad projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Development of strategies to support the strategic network needs; monitoring the contribution of infrastructure systems to organisational success
- Demonstrable experience of Systems Engineering approach
- Strong commercial focus and financially astute.
- Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety, quality and environment legislation and best practice.
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership and behavioural change within a large organisation.
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
If that describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!