Communications Expert (DTRS & Fixed Telecoms)
The role will be responsible for supporting the development, delivery and acceptance of the portfolio of engineering systems for the project, including communications, signalling, ETCS Level 2 and Traffic Management Systems. The role will support a team of experts to deliver on a consistent basis, the professional management and control of system specifications and variations, design approval and acceptance of systems to enable the efficient and effective delivery operational safety and train service delivery.
Potential candidates must:
- Be willing to accept new ways of working and be open to accepting new practices;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have the ability to embrace and understand different concepts and be able to identify the extent to which they would be applicable within a Network Rail context; and
- Be able to work as part of a small team operating in a multi-functional environment.
- Working to deliver the Digital Systems integration which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales.
- Support the Digital Systems Integration Team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Provide expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice including the identification and recommendation of ways to reduce system costs and reduce construction time without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning for implementation of DTRS and other fixed telecoms sub-systems to support the introduction of ETCS Level 2 onto the Sydney Trains network.
- Provide technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications for DTRS and fixed telecoms policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide direction to the planning and implementation of ETCS Level 2 and ATO and their impact on DTRS and fixed telecoms, ensuring projects are completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Contribute to the development of project requests for proposal (RFPs) and to the evaluation of proposals from contractors/subcontractors.
- Provide to the planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Work with the wider TfNSW team and stakeholders to deliver an integrated solution that delivers on the client’s requirements.
- Ensuring a collaborative approach at all times with the client and all key stakeholders
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong background in managing signalling and telecoms, in particular DTRS and fixed telecoms
- Experience of ETCS Level 2, ATO and Traffic Management systems
- Experience of delivering rail projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer working towards Chartered status.
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes
- Developed report writing ability
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure
- Degree qualification;
- Chartered Engineer.
- Member of relevant professional body; and
- Formal Accident & Incident Investigation
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references in relation to your compliance with Network Rail Consulting’s Anti-Bribery Policy and Anti-Bribery Management System. These references are a requirement of British Standard 10500:2011 which Network Rail Consulting adheres to.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.