Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivalled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways.
Your New Role
Lead the project management and risk management support across a range of internal projects/programs and client assignments – likely to include (but not limited to): Infrastructure projects/programs and change or Improvement projects/programs. The main function is to play an active role in carrying out project and risk management tasks across projects and programs (both internal and client assignments). In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, the job holder is required to be flexible and perform other duties assigned by his/her line manager from time to time.
In return, NRC will offer you a competitive salary package including performance-based bonuses; high level of autonomy and responsibility to create your success. This unique opportunity will enable you to make your mark in a growing consultancy Company.
To be successful in this role, you should have/be;
- Effectively leading the management and delivery of client assignments – making yourself flexible and outcome focussed, with a willingness to complete varied project management and co-ordination tasks as required
- Supporting the assignment Director in managing the overall assignment WBS/PBS, project schedule and budget – including analysis and reporting where necessary
- Leading the set-up and management of new projects in NRC’s ERP (BST) system
- Safety/business risk management - including working with stakeholders to identify change and its relevant risks, then subsequently managing project logs and collecting/summarizing actions and progress
- Lead Risk and Change workshops and ensure outcomes are actioned by relevant departments
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Audit tasks - including comparing action/risk logs & project/program schedules
- Writing and reviewing project and risk management plans and reports
- Managing and developing direct reports
- Build strong client relationships across client assignments
- Delivering business outcomes collaboratively across the wider Network Rail Group and NRC’s partners
- Undertaking all activities in a safe environment and in accordance with NRC operating procedures.
What we are looking from you;
- 6+ years’ project management experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering small to medium sized projects and 5+ years’ experience managing risks across projects and programs
- Sound understating of major rail infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the project lifecycle and project management concepts
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and tools
- Developed report writing ability
- Understanding of working to delivery budgets
- Strong experience of stakeholder and interface management
- Ability to follow standards/procedures and ensure your activities are conducted in compliance with relevant administrative, financial and corporate governance requirements
- Ability to follow internal reporting standards/conventions – to support a client's financial, risk, safety and audit objectives
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Prior experience in the delivery of change and compliance projects
- Formal risk and/or project management qualifications
- Proficiency in a project schedule management tool – such as Primavera P6 or MS Project
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
If that describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!