Network Rail Consulting (NRC) is the international consultancy arm of Network Rail. Network Rail owns, operates and develops Britain’s mainline railway infrastructure. NRC has been operating in Australia since 2013 and provides consultancy services to railway owners and operators across Australia.
Given our continuing success in winning new business we are expanding our Melbourne team and seeking to appoint an Operations Specialist.
Support the Network Rail Consulting Operational and Maintenance team in the provision of rail operational advisory services to Rail Projects Victoria (RPV).
- Assist in the preparation of functional requirements and high-level technical requirements for Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) projects
- Undertake an operational lead role to develop train operations, operational concepts and train crewing
- Assist in the development of Operations and maintenance concepts within a standards framework
- Liaise and support operational modelling
- Consider the current system safety and safety requirements across the network
- Undertake services from a Network Operator perspective to provide operational oversight to enable the rail lines in Melbourne to operate efficiently and maximise performance capability, customer experience and capacity
- Support the development of Operational Maintenance Strategy, tools and techniques for the program
- Support creation of the local Directorate Operational Maintenance Lists – through workshops, interviews, leveraging experience in similar changes
- Monitor progress across RPV and challenging progress/status assumption
- Manage and co-ordinate reporting and storage
- Support schedule audits (at initiative and program level) to ensure Operational Maintenance items are adequately and appropriately covered and highlighted.
- Rail Operations experience
- Railway experience – including implementing significant change in one or more impacted areas (Maintenance, Train Operations, Train crewing, stations/customer services)
- Experience in managing Operations & Maintenance processes across a program lifecycle
- Experience in leading and managing the compilation and collation of evidence files and stage-gate materials
- Developed report writing ability
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes, actions and progress summaries
- Ability to follow standards/procedures and ensure your activities are conducted in compliance with relevant administrative, financial and corporate governance requirements
- Ability to follow internal reporting standards/conventions – to support a client's financial, risk, safety and audit objectives
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Ability to build relationships with clients across a range of client stakeholders – including the ability to engage busy senior stakeholders and work with SME's on technical detail
- Understanding of working to delivery budgets
- Experience of project and fund management
- Experience of working within Passenger and Freight Train Operating Companies
- Experience of working in an international market
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers an international relocation service,
competitive salary package, performance related pay, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), or employment status.