Railway Section Manager -Electrical and Power
Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivalled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways. NRC's offices in the US include Boston, New York, Sacramento and Washington DC.
We are now looking for an experienced Section Manager responsible for mentoring and guiding the Electrical and Power teams in our US client to improve inspection, maintenance and renewal of assets to standards. Provide practical, experience-based support for the trial and roll-out of innovations in safety and new methods of working. Embed the new ways of working to make improvements sustainable and support our client to meet their business targets.
- Mentor and guide the Electrification & Power teams to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Implement safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Support the development and engagement of individuals to learn and adopt improvements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements.
- Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
- Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent.
- Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant standards.
- Control and check the quality of work undertaken and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
- Under take checks to ensure the team has appropriate and valid competencies.
- Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/ stored and disposed of correctly.
- Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required.
- Contribute to your own development and that of others.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Experience, skills, knowledge and competencies
- Experience of managing and directing a team.
- Experience of team leadership and development.
- Experience of managing the production and delivery of a comprehensive and compliant work programme.
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
- Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to coach, influence and develop others.
- Expert technical knowledge of AC/DC HV Traction Distribution equipment, including protection devices.
- Able to mentor teams on the maintenance, repair and renewal of HV switchgear.
- Knowledge of budget management and cost/waste control processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
- Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
- Ideally hold (or be working towards) an Associate Degree or higher in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers competitive salary package, jhealth insurance premiums paid by organization, performance related pay, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), or employment status.