Network Rail Consulting is an international rail consultancy, offering unrivalled expertise in getting more out of legacy infrastructure, operating in a closely monitored market and continuously upgrading an active, heavily-used rail system. What makes us different from other consultants is that we have genuine hands-on experience in solving the challenges you face in the real world of operating railways
Given our continuing success in winning new business we are expanding our Melbourne team and seeking to appoint a Project Coordinator. The opportunity will be available initially until October 2020 with scope to extend beyond that date.
Provide project coordination support across the development and implementation of the Melbourne network development schemes and capacity improvement across Victoria to meet the long-term needs of Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), its users, funders and stakeholders.
- Effectively supporting the management and delivery of client assignments – making yourself flexible and outcome focussed, with a willingness to complete varied project management and co-ordination tasks as required
- Supporting the assignment lead in managing the overall assignment WBS/PBS, project schedule and budget – including analysis and reporting where necessary
- Assisting the assignment project manager with the set-up and management of new projects in NRC’s ERP (BST) system
- Organizing, attending and participating in a variety of stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings, chasing both within the team and client where necessary
- Reviewing and preparing presentation materials for meetings and workshops
- Providing administrative support as needed and reviewing/preparing project outputs and reporting
- Ensuring adherence to reporting requirements (both internally and to the client) for example through a project calendar and regular reminders
- Document control across the program and coordinating the adequate storage of evidence and reporting related to the project or program
- Building strong client relationships across client assignments
- Delivering business outcomes collaboratively with employees in NRC, the wider Network Rail Group and NRC’s partners
- Undertaking all activities in a safe environment and in accordance with NRC operating procedures.
What you will bring to the Role;
- Experience in project co-ordination, office management or similar roles providing support and co-ordination across a busy team
- Attention to detail with developed report editing/reviewing ability & an eye for the aesthetic
- Attention to detail when listening to team members & stakeholders
- Ability to follow standards/procedures and ensure your activities are conducted in compliance with relevant administrative, financial and corporate governance requirements
- Ability to follow internal reporting standards/conventions – to support a client's financial, risk, safety and audit objectives
- Ability to simply and clearly summarise complex issues and sets of activity
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Prior experience of working in the railway
- Prior experience in the delivery of change and compliance projects
- Desire to obtain formal project management qualifications & pursue a PM career
- Ability to integrate various data sources into a single log for upward reporting
- Experience of working in a Consultancy / Client-facing environment
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers an international relocation service, competitive salary package, performance related pay, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), or employment status.