Associate Director Project & Program Management
You will lead the project management and risk management support across a range of internal projects/programs and client assignments – likely to include (but not limited to): Infrastructure projects/programs and change or Improvement projects/programs. The main function is to play an active role in carrying out project and risk management tasks across projects and programs (both internal and client assignments). In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, the job holder is required to be flexible and perform other duties assigned by his/her line manager from time to time.
- Effectively leading the management and delivery of client assignments – making yourself flexible and outcome focussed, with a willingness to complete varied project management and co-ordination tasks as required
- Supporting the assignment Director in managing the overall assignment WBS/PBS, project schedule and budget – including analysis and reporting where necessary
- Leading the set-up and management of new projects in NRC’s ERP (BST) system
- Safety/business risk management - including working with stakeholders to identify change and its relevant risks, then subsequently managing project logs and collecting/summarizing actions and progress
- Lead Risk and Change workshops and ensure outcomes are actioned by relevant departments
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Audit tasks - including comparing action/risk logs & project/program schedules
- Writing and reviewing project and risk management plans and reports
- Managing and developing direct reports
- Build strong client relationships across client assignments
- Delivering business outcomes collaboratively across the wider Network Rail Group and NRC’s partners
- Undertaking all activities in a safe environment and in accordance with NRC operating procedures.
What you will bring to the role:
- 5+ years’ project management experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering small to medium sized projects and 5+ years’ experience managing risks across projects and programs
- Sound understating of major rail infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the project lifecycle and project management concepts
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and tools
- Developed report writing ability
- Understanding of working to delivery budgets
- Strong experience of stakeholder and interface management
- Ability to follow standards/procedures and ensure your activities are conducted in compliance with relevant administrative, financial and corporate governance requirements
- Ability to follow internal reporting standards/conventions – to support a client's financial, risk, safety and audit objectives
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Flexibility to do what is required to get the project delivered
- Ability to get stuck in & recognise that the “client is always right”
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to build relationships with clients across a range of client stakeholders – including the ability to engage busy senior stakeholders and work with SME's on technical detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to simply and clearly summarise complex issues and sets of activity
- Prior experience in the delivery of change and compliance projects
- Formal risk and/or project management qualifications
- Proficiency in a project schedule management tool – such as Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (in a relevant field)
What we offer:
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers an international relocation service, competitive salary package, performance related pay, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life. Please note that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references.
If you think the above describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!