About Network Rail Consulting
Network Rail Consulting (NRC) is the international consultancy arm of Network Rail. Network Rail owns, operates and develops Britain’s mainline railway infrastructure.
Australia and the UK both face significant challenges in terms of developing and modernising their networks and improving system safety, capacity, efficiency and reliability.
NRC uses its presence in Australia and its status in the UK to generate information and best practice exchange between the two countries and to showcase British railway expertise within the region, thereby raising the profile of the whole industry.
We first established an office in Sydney in 2013 to provide the full breadth of our multidisciplinary services.
Our work is driven forward by our values: passion, agility, collaboration, impartiality.
Your new role:
NRC Australia has been awarded a contract by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) for the role of Systems Integrator for the Digital Systems Program for Sydney, to deliver major systems upgrades across the Sydney Trains’ network over the next decade. This role will play a key part within the Digital Systems Project
Working with the Safety and Systems Assurance Lead to deliver the safety assurance framework for the Digital Systems Program for TfNSW, you will support the development of the System Integrator’s robust safety assurance process for the Digital Systems Program and ensure safety assurance within the System Integrator fulfils the project objectives whilst demonstrating the governance expectations set out in the Asset Standards Authority (ASA) Charter.
- Work with the Safety and Systems Assurance Lead to manage the safety assurance framework for TfNSW, the System Integrator and the wider Digital Systems program.
- Manage the hazard management process for the System Integrator and the wider Digital Systems Program.
- Support the development of a safety assurance process that demonstrates all the specified sub-systems are safe for operational use and their development is progressively assured to eliminate or reduce all safety risk to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure all deliverables are created in line with the approved evidence based framework, through selective sampling and auditing of safety assurance deliverables.
- Ensure the System Integrator safety documentation and processes concerning engineering systems safety management, safety risk management, RAMS, qualitative risk assessment, safety case development, technical reports, safety processes, SIL determination and safety integrity are fit for purpose and readily available for audit.
- Provide planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Ensure the NRC AEO framework is followed by all parties.
- Produce demonstrable evidence the governance expectations set out in the Asset Standards Authority (ASA) Charter are being adhered to.
- Provide evidence as directed by the Safety and Systems Assurance Lead to the AEO Assurance Manager that the System Integrator team is compliant with TMU MD 00009 ST.
- Support the Safety and Systems Assurance Lead with third party audits as required.
- Provide support and expertise to ensure all safety deliverables are created in line with the approved evidence based framework, through selective sampling and auditing of deliverables.
- Work with the wider TfNSW team and stakeholders to deliver an integrated solution that delivers on the client’s requirements.
- Ensuring a collaborative approach at all times with the client and all key stakeholders.
What you will bring to the Role:
- Degree qualified safety professional or equivalent demonstrable experience with 5 years in System Assurance.
- Strong background in railway programs.
- Experience of delivering rail project safety cases to successful completion on time and within budget.
- Ability to promptly investigate safety related issues and recommend the implementation of corrective actions.
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer working towards Chartered status.
- Developed report writing ability.
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Experience in the implementation of modern signalling systems CBTC, ETCS.
- Affiliation with recognised professional body.
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers a competitive salary package, performance related pay, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), or employment status.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.