About Network Rail Consulting
Network Rail Consulting (NRC) is the international consultancy arm of Network Rail. Network Rail owns, operates and develops Britain’s mainline railway infrastructure.
Australia and the UK both face significant challenges in terms of developing and modernising their networks and improving system safety, capacity, efficiency and reliability.
NRC uses its presence in Australia and its status in the UK to generate information and best practice exchange between the two countries and to showcase British railway expertise within the region, thereby raising the profile of the whole industry.
Our work is driven forward by our values: passion, agility, collaboration, impartiality.
Your new role:
NRC Australia has been awarded a contract by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) for the role of Systems Integrator for the Digital Systems Program for Sydney, to deliver major systems upgrades across the Sydney Trains’ (ST) network over the next decade. This role will play a key part within the Digital Systems Project.
You will work closely with the TfNSW Digital Systems Project Management team in delivering, risk management, project planning, reporting and project co-ordination of the downstream Real Time Train Applications (RTTA) Sydney Trains subsystem. Modifications to this subsystem are critical in delivering the final scope of the Digital System Program. You will be partly embedded in the Sydney Trains’ Passenger Information (PI) team and accountable in ensuring the modifications are made in line with the Digital Systems schedule and requirements.
- Development, management and delivery of the separable portion between PI (RTTA) and Digital Systems.
- Support development and delivery of the PI Sub System Requirements Specification (SSRS) to address the system and operational impacts of DSP, sub-system changes and factory testing.
- Develop and manage the project schedule and budget including analysis and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate project management is in place to guarantee PI deliverables are produced on time and to the required quality.
- Manage the co-preparation of test scenarios to support the integrated sub-system testing and SIT and operational readiness phase.
- Manage commissioning of the RTTA system for ‘Entry into service’.
- Support risk and change workshops where required.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative risk assessments.
- Manage and resolve operational and ways-of-working changes with Business stakeholders.
- Ensure schedule dates align to DSP schedule.
- Ensure adherence to working agreement. Review supplier’s management plans and assist in ensuring all required internal project plans are updated and developed. This includes environmental and safety plans and ensuring the requirements are met.
- Manage project action trackers.
- Support Project and Technical managers to ensure requirements of Network Assurance Gates are met.
- Support Integrated Delivery (TMS) team and establish strong working relationships with ST.
What you will bring to the Role:
- 5+ years’ project management experience in IT/OT projects with a demonstrated track record of delivering small to medium sized projects and 5+ years’ experience managing risks across projects and programs
- Sound understanding of major rail infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the project lifecycle and project management concepts
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and tools
- Developed report writing ability
- Understanding of working to delivery budgets
- Strong experience of stakeholder and interface management
- Ability to follow standards/procedures and ensure activities are conducted in compliance with relevant administrative, financial and corporate governance requirements
- Ability to follow internal reporting standards/conventions
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Ability to build relationships with clients across a range of client stakeholders – including the ability to engage busy senior stakeholders and work with SME's on technical detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to simply and clearly summarise complex issues and sets of activity
- Prior experience in Sydney Trains Information Technology Project Management Role
- Prior experience in the delivery of change and compliance projects
- Formal risk and/or project management qualifications
- Proficiency in a project schedule management tool – such as Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (in a relevant field)
This is an exciting unique opportunity to join an established and rapidly growing global rail consultancy business. NRC offers a competitive salary package, generous leave entitlement, access to further training and embraces flexible working.
Network Rail Consulting welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), or employment status.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.