Traffic Management System (TMS) Engineer
The role will be responsible for supporting the development, delivery and acceptance of the Traffic Management System (TMS) engineering systems for the program. This will include leading the technical workstream for TMS and its interface with the other ETCS L2 sub-systems (trackside, onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO.) and legacy systems. The role will be part of a team of functional experts to deliver system specifications, variations, design approval, interface specifications and acceptance of sub-systems. This will enable the efficient and effective delivery of operational safety and train service delivery for the client.
Your New Role
This role will suit an individual with a strong background in engineering management and Traffic Management Systems.
In return, NRC will offer you a competitive salary package including performance-based bonuses; high level of autonomy and responsibility to create your success. This unique opportunity will enable you to make your mark in a growing consultancy Company.
- Work to deliver the requirements of the Digital Systems program which meets the client and business requirements established by Transport for New South Wales.
- Work as part of the Digital Systems team to achieve business objectives by owning functional deliverables and interfaces that meet key project milestones and performance objectives.
- Own the TMS element of the ETCS L2 system and be responsible for the integration of TMS with the other ETCS L2 sub-systems (Trackside, Onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO).
- Provide expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with statute, system design, national and international standards and industry practice. This will include the identification and recommendation of ways to reduce system costs and reduce construction time without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the planning for implementation of all rail systems to support the introduction of TMS onto the Sydney trains network.
- Provide technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures covering all areas of reporting functional activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled and to ensure efficient, effective and safe working.
- Provide leadership to the planning and implementation of TMS ensuring it is completed within prescribed timeframes and budgets.
- Contribute to the development of project requests for proposal (RFPs) and to the evaluation of proposals from contractors/subcontractors.
- Provide planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
- Work with the wider TfNSW team and stakeholders to deliver an integrated solution that delivers on the client’s requirement.
- Ensuring a collaborative approach at all times with the client and all key stakeholders.
What we are looking from you
- Strong background in engineering management of signalling projects, preferably a TMS or equivalent system.
- Knowledge of one or more of the ETCS L2 sub-systems (trackside, onboard, FTN, DTRS, ATO)
- Experience of delivering rail projects to successful completion on time and within budget
- Relevant professional and academic qualifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong IT proficiency – including MS Office applications
- Attention to detail when listening to stakeholders (from many different disciplines) and capturing their thought processes
- Developed report writing ability
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer working towards Chartered status
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience during the development and entry into service phase of new rail infrastructure.
- Knowledge/experience of working in the Australian rail industry.
Network Rail Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive culture that embraces differences and diversity. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
If that describes you, please click the 'apply now' button below now!