Part Time Data Operator
SIS (Sports Information Services) has been a trusted partner to the global betting industry for over 30 years and supplies the data and content to the largest bookmakers in the world.
SIS provides operators with an end to end solution for horse and greyhound racing including data, live streamed pictures, enhanced prices and derivatives, creating betting events to help drive profitable betting.
Our Data Operations team sits at the heart of what we do, providing data and scheduling content.
It is a fast-paced environment where accuracy and speed are essential.
We supply our data to the largest betting companies all over the world.
Working within the Data Operations team, Operators are tasked with ensuring the timely and accurate input and processing of all data handled by the team.
To provide a superior quality assurance, monitoring and integrity services of incoming data. This will involve providing this service multiple meetings at any one time (fixture list and content type permitting).
- Ensure the provision of an accurate and timely betting and racing data service including collection and processing for all content types.
- Provision of monitoring, quality assurance and integrity services escalating any matters of concern or inaccuracies to the senior team on duty.
- When required, provide back up to on course and trading teams in the event of DR or technical issues that prevent them being able to provide a service.
- To attend regular performance review meetings with the Data Operations Supervisor/Senior Operator and contribute to own self development plan.
- To highlight any technical issues to the Senior Operator or Supervisor.
- To ensure data content required to be input is done so in an accurate and timely manner.
- To develop and build effective relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Provide exceptional customer service making the most of tools to support fast, professional responses. These could include instant messaging, email or others.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics and English grade C or above
- Experience of inputting data
- Experience in dealing with customers
- Ability to accurately input, interpret and process large amounts of data
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively
- Professional manner and customer focussed
- Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Proficient in Microsoft word and outlook computer systems
- Flexibility to work shift patterns; the role is part of a 7 day a week,24-hour per day operation which includes Bank Holidays and weekends. Full time staff will be required to work overnight and part time staff may be required on occasions.
- An interest in horse and greyhound racing and or/ sport
- Previous experience working in a bookmaker’s
- Ability to understand betting odds and racing data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Used to working shift patterns