Salary c£40,000 p.a. dependent on experience + excellent benefits, including annual performance-related bonus up to 20%, healthcare, pension etc.
SIS is a leading supplier of betting services to UK and international betting companies, in 2020 we successfully launched an innovative esports betting product. The Competitive Gaming Operations Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of esports tournaments and all its related operations at SIS as part of its Competitive Gaming product.
The role will be to deliver the competitive gaming strategy through a team of highly motivated and engaged managers.
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery. You must be motivated by the challenge of managing a team of talented operational staff to successfully deliver and build a culture of continuous improvement, whilst having fun and celebrating success.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships:
The role reports to the Competitive Gaming Regional Operations Manager. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day-to-day basis. As such a high level of interpersonal skills will be very advantageous.
Location: MediaCityUK, Greater Manchester
- Lead and drive the performance and engagement of a team of managers and in a 24/7 operation.
- Communicate comprehensive plans and implement the competitive gaming goals.
- Ensure all activity within the site complies with the requirements of the Gambling Commission, the Company’s licence, and Health & Safety, protecting customers, colleagues, and the business.
- Responsible for the rigorous delivery of the competitive gaming business plan and tackle issues in the most effective way.
- Regularly monitor KPIs and data to ensure continuous improvement of site performance.
- Diligently manage all cost lines within the budget. Understand and implement what is required to deliver the ROI from all CAPEX spend.
- Create a high performing team by ensuring people management activities such as recruitment, on-boarding, training & development, and performance management, are delivered and managed consistently and to a high standard.
- Take ownership for the operational delivery of the competitive gaming plan, focusing on engaging and developing colleagues and creating a robust succession plan.
- Provide in the moment feedback to colleagues, creating a high support, high challenge culture.
- Pro-actively address any issues that arise head on and be prepared to have difficult conversations as often as the need arises, with impact.
- Ensure all colleagues receive timely, relevant, meaningful communication with regular briefings with your management team.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a large single site environment (betting/retail/hospitality preferred) within a Middle Management capacity.
- Experienced manager who has previously managed and led high-performing teams with a strong track record of improving colleague engagement.
- Strong implementer who can take appropriate action from a set of agreed plans, data, processes.
- Driven and enthusiastic with an ability to inspire and motivate others.
- A “can do”, solution focused outlook.
- A “plan, do, review” approach to work to deliver continuous improvement.
- Resilient - this is a fast paced, pressurised environment going through extensive change.
- Able to prioritise a large and varied workload effectively for optimum business impact.
- Able to build strong, effective working relationships and be an active team member.
- Authentic, clear communicator with the ability to deliver simple, impactful communications and importantly, not afraid to face into tough conversations and own the message.
- Ability to present ideas and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation formats. Comfortable using Microsoft Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Have a good knowledge of esports a curiosity about competitor activity and what is happening across the industry would be desirable but not essential.