SIS is a leading trusted supplier to the betting industry. Our Project Management Team are responsible for delivering and managing a range of large scale projects across the business.
The post holder will work within the SIS Programme Management Office whose primary goal is to support the success of the business by ensuring projects and initiatives are strategically aligned and follow a clear framework based on best practice and continuous improvement.
To provide full lifecycle ownership of projects from inception through to lessons learned
To supply advice, coaching and mentoring to individuals and teams involved in project work
To promote and contribute to the processes, tools and assets of the PMO
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Project Manager are set out below.
- Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times
- Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values
- Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Facilitate and manage the development and prioritisation of the new products & services via internal workshops etc.
- Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with business users
- Provide customer experience insight for relevant projects
- Liaison with business users throughout project duration
- Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace
- Identifies new ideas and processes.
- Is committed to continuous personal development.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance
- Ensures that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Upholds and promotes the Company’s values at all times
- Timely delivery of multiple projects from conception to delivery and implementation, including governance and reporting
- Provide overall project assurance and ensure project delivery meets cost and quality expectations
- Appropriately plan and manage project resources – both internal and external
- Deliver projects using a structured agile project management methodology – ability to flex project management approach to fit specific project needs
- Ensure appropriate planning, communications, expectation setting, scope, issue and risk management throughout project delivery
- Ensure business requirements are sufficiently defined to enable project delivery
- Proactively identify future business and technology improvements
- Provide high quality and timely delivery of duties.
Skills and Experience
- Prince2 practitioner or equivalent incl Agile, with solid experience in relevant project roles. Experience of managing single projects up to a value of £500k.
- Certified to Prince 2, PMP, APM or equivalent level.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner qualifications desirable
- Management process from cradle to completion is essential.
- Experience of working in agile and matrix environments
- Significant experience of programme and/or project management across multiple work streams.
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management experience is essential
- Experience of working within a commercial business environment.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships.
- A self-starter who works with drive and enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
- Supports SIS values and ways of working.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Self-motivated and able to work largely unsupervised, taking responsibility for own actions.
- Customer focused, understanding the needs of customers and the importance of providing solutions to satisfy short and long-term objectives.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential points of conflict, balancing the interests of different groups against strategy and objectives.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively and influentially at all levels.
- Flexible, prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks and adapt to different situations.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changing circumstances.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, a valued team member, and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to business success.