Competitive Gaming Referee
The Competitive Gaming Referee is accountable for the successful delivery of esports tournaments at 49CG as part of its Competitive Gaming product.
The role will require participants to work in line with ESIC regulations, communicate with key stakeholders and support the day-to-day running of the tournaments.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and data inputting skills. A key element of the role will be the management of Gamers and professional oversight of tournament matches so great communication skills are essential.
Experience of organising/running an esports tournament is desirable but not essential.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to Competitive Gaming Operations Manager. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day-to-day basis. As such a high level of interpersonal skills will be very advantageous.
Location: Milton Keynes
Pay: £12 per hour
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Guiding and aiding player requests on site when required.
- Supporting the Competitive Gaming Operations Manager with rosters
- Monitoring Gamer performance to ensure they are playing to the best of their ability, flagging all integrity/performance issues to the Competitive Gaming Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Ensuring adherence to integrity standards, including undertaking training, monitoring and education as required.
- GDPR Compliance including undertaking training and monitoring.
- Operating the graphics system.
- Directing the live broadcast with manual vision mixing.
- Ensuring accuracy across schedules, graphics, and customer websites.
- Ensure the tournament is run in a timely manner and to schedule.
- Provide first-hand technical support where required.
- Creation and updating of supporting documentation, including scores and stats reporting.
Teamwork & Customer Service
- Provide a best-in-class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team across split UK locations.
- Instill a culture of individual accountability and ownership within the team.
- Enforcement of competition rulebook and propose changes regularly to the line manager as when necessary.
- Enforcement of applicable integrity rules & processes between gamers.
- Instil & leverage ESIC best practices for event & player integrity.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail and data inputting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Proficient with MS Office and G Suite
- Excellent self-presentation as image will be broadcast
- Proven and reliable tournament referee
- Proven experience of working with gamers both online and offline
- Expertise in esports tournaments
- Good knowledge of the esports industry and trends
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)