Location: Milton Keynes
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
SIS (Sports Information Services) is the leading supplier of 24/7 betting services to retail and online operators globally. We provide betting operators with desirable and profitable content with an end-to-end solution of live pictures, data, on-screen graphics with betting triggers and a wide range of markets and pricing to drive betting revenues.
We can provide operators with a range of solutions including horse and greyhound racing, virtual & numbers content as well as a number of additional sports'
We currently employ 260 people in our organisation. Our head office is on Whitehall Avenue in Kingston, Milton Keynes. In the UK we also have offices at MediaCityUK in Salford, Greater Manchester and in London.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our HR team based in Milton Keynes. The apprentice will work towards the HR Support apprenticeship (level 3). The level 3 apprenticeship is comparable to an ‘A’ level standard of education, This apprenticeship is the entry route for a career in HR. Further information can be found at https://www.cipd.co.uk/learn/apprenticeship-standards.
We will employ the apprentice on an apprenticeship contract for a fixed term period of up to 18 months. The hours of work will be 37.5 hours a work, Monday – Friday, with a minimum of 20% of working time spent directly working towards and gaining experience for the apprenticeship qualification (this may include attendance at college virtually or in person). During the COVD-19 pandemic the apprentice may be required to work remotely at home, in line with government guidelines. The apprentice will therefore need access to a home broadband connection which will support video calls.
As a company providing services to the licensed gaming and betting industry the apprentice must be aged 18 years or over.
An opportunity for an apprentice to gain valuable experience within an HR team. Our HR team is led by our HR Director who is based in Milton Keynes. The HR team is based at our Salford and Milton Keynes offices and is made up of 7 CIPD qualified HR professionals.
You will primarily assist the HR Coordinator to provide a comprehensive transactional HR, recruitment and project support service to the HR team members, internal customers, employees, colleagues, stakeholders and external customers. You will deliver front line HR support, handle day to day queries and work on a range of HR processes and projects. You will produce documents and use a HR system to keep records and provide HR information to the business.
The successful apprentice may be eligible to apply for Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or any other professional body that recognises this apprenticeship within its membership criteria (membership is subject to the professional bodies own membership requirements).All of the HR team members at SIS are CIPD qualified.
It forms the foundation of a career within the profession, giving the base for further development through a career path within an organisation and/or through the HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship. The apprentice can choose to stay within core HR or diversify into one of the specialist areas of HR.
This is a Level 3 apprenticeship and the length of this apprenticeship should typically be 18 months.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the HR Coordinator based in Milton Keynes.
To assist the HR Coordinator run an effective and efficient HR transactional service through the employee life cycle which will include but not exclusive to:
• Assist preparing new starter documentation, contracts of employment, request employment references, probation paperwork, administering the wide range of employee benefits (Pension, Cycle to Work, Vitality Private Health Care, etc.)
• Assist ensuring all changes of employment are clearly communicated to Payroll within Payroll cut off times.
• Updating the HR system (Select HR) ensuring employee records are kept up to date and maintained efficiently.
• Maintaining accurately electronic Personal Files for employees and general HR records.
• Monitoring dates of employment changes such as Maternity leave, fixed term contracts etc.
• Building and maintaining a Freelancer database, ensuring a full understanding of who is in the business at any one time with associated costs.
• Collate Learning and Development approvals to be sent to the HR Director for authorisation.
• Run data reports from the HR System, on a regular and ad hoc basis
• Ensure the intranet and websites are kept up to date.
• Updating and maintaining organisation charts for SIS Ltd and subsidiary companies (eg SIS Media Ltd) with any new hires, changes and leavers.
• Providing administrative support to the HR team producing work-related correspondence, supporting the preparation of reports, presentations and taking minutes notes of meetings, to be typed and distributed
• Provide the first point of contact, by telephone, e-mail, face to face, for staff contacting the department with HR enquiries, sign posting staff and managers to relevant policies and guidance or directing them to colleagues in the HR team as appropriate.
• Managing enquires in a centralised HR inbox, ensuring messages are responded to, relayed and filed accurately, in a timely manner
• Produce documents, letters and email communications, as appropriate, using varied software and office equipment
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Working closely with the HR Team, communicating at all times to ensure we provide a best in class HR Service.
• Takes the initiative to meet agreed individual and team objectives in line with company policy, values, standards. Plans and organises their work, often without direct supervision, to meet commitments.
To assist the Talent Acquisition Advisor to run an effective and efficient recruitment and onboarding cycle which will include but not exclusive to:
• Ensure all roles are suitably approved through the automated authorisation process
• Roles advertised internally and externally as appropriate through the intranet, websites and agencies as appropriate.
• Interact and engage with recruiting managers and approved agencies where applicable, to ensure a full understanding of the skill set and person specification required for the recruitment of new role.
• Sifting applications, scheduling first and second stage interviews, arranging feedback to be given to non-successful candidates.
• Carrying our pre-employment checking, including right to work checks, reference checking and health screening.
• Assist in the organisation and delivery of induction days for new hires.
Knowledge & Skills required
5 GCSEs (or Level 2 equivalent qualification) grade 4/C or above including English and Maths is desirable.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
• A keen interest in a career in HR
• Good IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience of HR or other database systems is desirable.
• Willingness to learn, receive feedback and develop new skills
• Strong commitment to personal development
• Willingness to study with the desire and enthusiasm to gain the apprenticeship qualification.
• Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information at all times.
• Reliable with good time keeping
• Professional appearance and good customer service skills
• Effective communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic self-starter who can work under time pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Adaptable, positive with a can-do approach
• Team player
• Natural curiosity to understand implications of HR interventions.
• A basic understanding of business and the HR function is desirable