Competitive Gaming Caster
The Competitive Gaming Shoutcaster is accountable for the successful delivery of the games and players knowledge on the live broadcast to the audience.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of esports broadcasting and video games. A key requirement for this role is excellent communications skills and to always keep up to date with video game strategies, meta and the players within the league to create an engaging broadcast.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to Competitive Gaming Operations Manager. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day-to-day basis.
Location: Milton Keynes
Pay: £14 per hour
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Game Knowledge and Development
- Commentating NBA2K matches to provide insight and entertainment to viewers
- Keep up to date with video game broadcasting terminology
- Keep up to date with video games and their metagame developments
- Be able to research and develop skills in any new video game products ready for live broadcast.
Live Broadcast Performance
- Provide key knowledge on players as they progress through the league and keeping up to date with their core skills and practices.
- Be able to provide entertaining and thorough knowledge to keep non-endemic customers engaged during gameplay
- Operating the graphics system.
- Directing the live broadcast with manual vision mixing.
- Ensuring accuracy across schedules, graphics, and customer websites.
Skills and Experience
- Proven and reliable esports commentator/caster
- Proven experience of working within a broadcasting team of multiple disciplines
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams, in a variety of locations, involved in the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)
- Knowledge of sports betting and understanding of odds and prices
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Knowledge of NBA2K20
- Provide a best in class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers
- Comprehends the importance of changing technology trends to the media and entertainment business and can discuss this with the customer in a productive fashion