Trading Sports Product Manager
The Trading Sports Product Manager is responsible for guiding the success of the sports trading product.
The role will look at developing and maintaining the sports trading product by working with stakeholders in the business and monitoring the marketplace.
The successful candidate will work closely with the technical development team and other back office functions in order to fulfil this role. As such a high level of interpersonal skills will be advantageous.
The role reports to Head of Trading, and has potential line management responsibility for any sports traders and/or quantitative analysts.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Submission/communication of business documentation that is submitted to stakeholders including technical teams who will estimate the work.
- Regular contact with technical teams to help describe in more detail product development so that they can successfully complete the development to standard.
- Regular contact with technical teams to monitor their progress and ensure they remain on target to complete development work on time.
- A point of contact between trading and service desk team to have issues resolved/escalated.
- Work closely with the trading team to create functional specifications and user stories for the development teams to scope clearly, to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Working with other stakeholders who are responsible for technical parts of the business(feeds) to give them trading insight/advice to how/what is needed in the feed.
- Prioritisation of technical development or bug tickets that are to be resolved.
- Participate or organise UAT testing of developments of the product.
- Generate ideas for future products or product enhancements based on market landscape and customer feedback.
- Conduct regular analysis of the product success points and failures to identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct competitor research to identify trends in the sports betting industry and define improvements to our product.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Interest in betting markets.
- Interest in sports.
- Worked previously within the betting industry.
- Experience of working with technical teams.
- Experience or knowledge of technical team agile processes.
- Experience or knowledge of around feed integration/distribution.
- Experience or knowledge of back end configuration or programming languages
- Extensive product management experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills.