HR Student Placement
Salary £15,603 p.a. (subject to salary review in April 2020) plus benefits.
This is a 12-month student placement for undergraduate students as part of a sandwich degree course.
An opportunity for a student to gain valuable experience within an HR team. You will primarily assist the HR Coordinator provide a comprehensive transactional HR, recruitment and project support service to HR team members, internal customers; employees, colleagues, stakeholders and external customers.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to HR Business Partner (MK) and you will be mentored by the HR Coordinator based in MK.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the HR Student Placement are set out below;
- Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times
- Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values
- Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace
- Identifies new ideas and processes.
- Is committed to continuous personal development.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance
- Ensures that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Provide high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Upholds and promotes the Company’s values at all times
To assist the HR Coordinator run an effective and efficient HR transactional service through the employee life cycle which will include but not exclusive to:
- Assist preparing new starter documentation, contracts of employment, request employment references, probation paperwork, administering the wide range of employee benefits (Pension, Cycle to Work, Vitality Private Health Care, etc.)
- Assist ensuring all changes of employment are clearly communicated to Payroll within Payroll cut off times.
- Updating the HR system (Select HR) ensuring employee records are kept up to date and maintained efficiently.
- Maintaining accurately electronic Personal Files for employees and general HR records.
- Monitoring dates of employment changes such as Maternity leave, fixed term contracts etc.
- Building and maintaining a Freelancer database, ensuring a full understanding of who is in the business at any one time with associated costs.
- Collate Learning and Development approvals to be sent to the HR Director for authorisation.
- Run data reports from the HR System, on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Ensure the intranet and websites are kept up to date.
- Updating and maintaining organisation charts for SIS Ltd and SISBet (Ireland) with any new hires, changes and leavers.
- Ensure all roles are suitably approved through the automated authorisation process
- Roles advertised internally and externally as appropriate through the intranet, websites and agencies as appropriate.
- Interact and engage with recruiting managers and approved agencies where applicable, to ensure a full understanding of the skill set and person specification required for the recruitment of new role.
- Sifting applications, scheduling first and second stage interviews, arranging feedback to be given to unsuccessful candidates.
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of induction days for new hires.
- Working closely with the HR Team, communicating at all times to ensure we provide a best in class HR Service.
Knowledge & Skills required
Experience & educational requirements:
- A keen interest in HR
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Microsoft Excel, desirable experience of HR systems.
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information at all times.
- An understanding of the HR function
- Enthusiastic self-starter who can work under time pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable, positive with a can do approach
- Team player
- Natural curiosity to understand implications of HR interventions.
- Desirable to have an interest in the Betting and gaming industry and impact of HR.