Software Engineering Lead
Salary up to £75,000 p.a. dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits.
As a Software Engineering Lead at SIS, you will join our growing team of talented software engineers supporting design and development of our broadcast and distribution software, delivering video and data to our customers across the globe.
You will be an experienced engineering lead, comfortable working in a cross functional team whose members are based in the UK and in Europe; additionally, you will have extensive experience delivering complex, highly performant software systems into a cloud-based environment.
The ideal candidate encourages an environment that inspires and promotes customer service, excellence, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Work with the product teams to define, refine and deliver the product backlog,
- Design and document software solutions meeting functional and non-functional requirements
- Implement application code, following best practices for maintainability, testability, and performance
- Implement unit/integration/system tests and execute manual tests as necessary, working closely with test engineers
- Peer review code to ensure robust security, usability, and adequate test coverage
- Work closely with other development teams within both SIS and 3rd Parties to deliver against our strategic roadmap
- Troubleshoot and debug issues to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Participate in agile ceremonies and drive continuous improvement
- You will line manage team members and support their career development.
- Working with Solution Architects and other technical leads, you will help set the technical direction (evaluation and selection of new technologies/tools, adoption of best practices) for SIS.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ Years leading technical teams.
- Proficient across the full software development lifecycle using Java technologies and tools.
- Extensive experience designing and building high-performance, scalable, and secure commercial enterprise applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Java Frameworks, REST API development, Docker/Kubernetes and microservices architectures.
- Experience with engineering best practices: OO, design patterns, SOLID principles, secure software lifecycle.
- Understanding of benefits and constraints of SaaS/PaaS.
- Experience working as part of cross-functional product teams using various agile methodologies.
- Experience working within a fast-paced and growing scale-up B2B or B2C organisation.
- Experience line managing other engineers (objectives, performance, training, career development).
- Enthusiastic, with a problem-solving attitude and a collaborative and accountable approach.
- High attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Experience with cloud-based software delivery, MS Azure being advantageous
- Active interest in tracking emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations.