Horse Racing Trader
SIS is recruiting a Horse Racing Trader. This is a new position to join an expanding, innovative trading team in the Trading department of SIS. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for Horse Racing, an understanding of In-Play Trading, and a high level of numeracy is required. The candidate will be open to working a varied shift pattern, which will include some considerable overnight work.
- Conducting background research for different markets, updating databases and spreadsheets where necessary.
- The ability to accurately influence trading models, and monitor current market conditions to sustain pricing for ‘pre-match’ events.
- Assist the Senior International Trader in the compilation of LARC and French Racing early price tissue. Manage the Shows for these races up until the off time.
- Helping when required with International Horse Racing shifts some of which run through the night with our 24/7 product.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems through own observations and monitoring of betting patterns. This may include highlighting any technical issues, reporting bugs and testing fixes. Also participate in any user acceptance testing of these systems.
- Evaluate betting products to improve performance and profitability.
- Have awareness of B2B client requirements depending on the sport, the jurisdiction and the market liquidity.
- Manage Horse Racing prices throughout their event cycle (including in-running).
- Manage the compilation of pre-event odds for Horse Racing and Greyhounds including derivative markets.
- Help monitor liquidity and adjust markets in accordance with prevailing market activity.
- Ensure that key information (suspend times, prices, liabilities, thresholds etc) is adhered to.
- Updating our Ante-Post product; keeping informed of potential price moves around the clock ensuring accuracy up to race day.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- The ability to read a Horse Race in-running.
- A good understanding of Greyhounds within the UK.
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of bookmaking theory.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Numerate and good interpersonal skills.
- Strong general IT skills, including advanced level Excel.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Must be willing to work on a shift pattern which includes evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Will be happy to work overnight shifts also (which comes with overnight supplementary pay).
- Passion for Horse racing.
- Previous Trading experience.
- Good knowledge of International Horse racing, greyhound racing and in-running preferred, and a willingness to learn and expand on these areas.
- Knowledge of the legacy and identity of SIS, current projects and our place within the industry.