Junior Competitive Gaming Trader
Salary £26,250 p.a. + excellent benefits
We are recruiting a Junior Competitive Gaming Trader to join our expanding Trading department. The role will involve trading the company’s competitive gaming and racing products as well as undertaking support roles to assist other traders when necessary.
The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, a passion and enthusiasm for sports, in particular basketball, football and other traditional esports, and be able to demonstrate sound mathematical skills. Betting knowledge is an advantage as are advanced excel skills and modelling skills.
- Will have a strong knowledge of competitive gaming and have a strong interest in the wider e-sport environment, and have an understanding of both current and future trends.
- Will understand the processes involved for trading Competitive Gaming from start to finish.
- Ensuring that the responsibilities of this role are covered is paramount. This may be via upskilling another individual in the team or arranging cover as appropriate during times of leave.
- Support the ongoing development of other colleagues by sharing knowledge and expertise appropriately and being shadowed.
- Will be able to relay their knowledge to technical and non-technical members of staff in a clear and organised manner and log any technical issues clearly as they happen.
- Will be fully involved in an agile methodology of product management, providing vital expert knowledge to the ongoing improvement of the Competitive Gaming product.
- Will rigorously test the algorithm, analysing customer betting data and aiding with other improvements to the existing product.
- Will need to be on hand to aid technical teams during a comprehensive UAT testing process.
- Will have a full understanding of player data, and will be able to assess this data collection competently and thoroughly in order to provide accurate pre event prices, and also have the ability to react to real time events which will may affect the pricing output.
- Have awareness of B2B client requirements depending on the sport, the jurisdiction and the market liquidity.
- Evaluate betting products to improve performance and profitability.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems through own observations and monitoring of betting patterns. This may include highlighting any technical issues, reporting bugs and testing fixes. Also participate in any user acceptance testing of these systems.
- Will liaise with suppliers, customers and other internal departments to ensure the best possible end to end product and take a prominent role in ensuring the successful running of the operation.
- Will communicate live with the production team, whilst trading in order to allow for the smooth running of the Competitive Gaming product.
- Ensure that key information (suspend times, prices, liabilities, thresholds etc) is adhered to.
- Will develop a good understanding of the XML feeds, how they work, and their relationship with how our customers absorb the product.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Numerate and good interpersonal skills
- Strong general IT skills, including advanced level Excel
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Passion for sports
- Must be willing to work on a shift pattern which includes evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays and may include some overnight work.
- Previous Trading experience
- Knowledge of the betting industry
- Mathematical modelling skills
- Interest in Basketball, Football and other Traditional Esports