Streaming Systems Specialist
We are looking for a Streaming Systems Specialist for a Fixed Term Contract of 9 months.
To work as a system specialist on the various streaming platforms and technologies used to deliver the various SIS streaming products and services. Although a technical role there will be a significant commercial element as there will be a requirement to represent SIS’ technical capabilities in customer meetings as well as in assisting in the preparation of customer quotations. The individual will also need to ensure that the systems are robust and resilient and to act as a point of escalation for the rectification of any issues. This may, from time to time, involve being contacted out of hours, although this is not an on-call role. The role will also involve trialling and evaluating new technologies to demonstrate any potential service enhancements.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Head of Engineering and Distribution
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Streaming Systems Specialist are set out below.
- To liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders on all technical aspects of the SIS streaming platform
- Management of key suppliers
- Understanding of network architecture fundamentals
- Responsible for the creation of system information including; project plans (Gantts), drawings and schematics, Bills of Materials, etc.
- Develop and build effective relationships with Customers.
- Assist with on-boarding of new customers
- Be aware of new rights acquisitions and an overview of typical streaming schedules
- Act as 3rd line support for streaming issue resolution
- Provide detailed technical input in customer meetings
- Preparation of costed initial draft proposals in response to customer enquiries.
- Develop a harmonious, effective working environment for colleagues.
- To contribute towards the continued development and improvement of operational procedures
- To assist in the training of new staff as required.
- Awareness and basic knowledge of operational workflows and systems
- To keep their line manager up to date with issues as they develop.
- Identify new ideas and processes.
- Committed to continuous personal development.
- Stay up to date with developments in all relevant technical fields & industry best practice
- Be pro-active in looking at developments and enhancements of the platform within the constraints of operational resilience
- Ensure that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Provide high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Operate within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Be the technical voice of authority on streaming in general and the SIS Stream platform in particular
Skills and Experience
- Streaming technologies and protocols
- IP networking skills
- Imaginative approach to problem solving
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage time and tasks
- Confident communicator with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive nature
- Team working and lone working skills
- Good understanding of broadcast systems and standards
- CAD skills