Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist
SIS is a leading global partner to the betting industry, turning over close to a quarter of a billion each year. The finance team plays a crucial role in assisting in commercial decision making as well as ensuring our thousands of customers and suppliers pay and are paid in good time. Finance is also responsible for payroll and staff expenses to all staff across our three locations in Milton Keynes, London and Manchester.
We are looking for a Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist to join us in Milton Keynes on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
To assist the Procurement and Vendor Manager with a wide variety of procurement and vendor management activities, covering the entire Contract Management Lifecycle, across numerous spend categories.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Procurement and Vendor Manager.
This role will interact with personnel at all levels across SIS who are involved with sourcing products/services and who manage ongoing vendor relationships, as well as the Finance team.
Externally this role will interact with a wide range of vendor representatives who will have differing levels of engagement with SIS.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Procurement and Vendor Management Specialist are set out below.
- To support the business with (and often lead) sourcing initiatives, negotiation of contract renewals and other activities within the contract management lifecycle.
- To assist the Procurement and Vendor Manager with the introduction of formal Vendor Management processes, supporting these activities in specific category areas.
- To provide practical procurement and contract advice to support considered business decision making.
- To manage the performance of vendors and build strong vendor relationships within specific category areas.
- To drive continued strong partnerships with SIS stakeholders.
- To work with the SIS Purchase Ledger team to review and approve new vendor requests.
- To provide pragmatic sourcing and contract support within SIS Projects.
- To support the Procurement and Vendor manager with the population of the Contract Management System including the identification and input of salient contract information.
- To assist the Supply Chain Manager with periodic analysis of stock and logistics spend.
- Upholds and promotes the company’s values, standards and policies at all times
- Operates within legal and regulatory frameworks
- Works in a confidential manner.
- Contributes ideas to improve current processes and identifies improvement opportunities across the whole Contract Management Lifecycle.
- Develops and builds effective relationships with a wide variety of vendors to ensure quality of supply and value for money.
- Develops and builds effective relationships with SIS business areas to support the provision of high quality services to our customers.
- Works flexibly to ensure the workload within the Procurement and Vendor Management team is continually prioritised to meet the needs of the business.
- Promotes the value that the Procurement and Vendor Management function brings to the business and champions sourcing and vendor management best practice.
Skills and Experience
- Previous generalist procurement experience including knowledge of a variety of sourcing methods.
- Previous referenceable contract and vendor management experience.
- An understanding of standard contract clauses and common negotiation challenges associated with these.
- Exposure to IT procurement and vendor management activities would be desirable.
- Strong analysis skills.
- A strong communicator with a tactful approach to building relationships.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a simplified style for a variety of audiences.
- Confidence to work in an environment where processes may not always be clearly defined and to ensure that decisions made, are auditable and in the best interests of SIS.
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team but equally capable of managing stand-alone tasks.
- Confidence and resilience when working with changing priorities.
- PC literate with strong knowledge of standard Microsoft products, especially excel.