Assistant Management Accountant (Interim)
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract
The individual will assist in the preparation of timely, accurate and relevant financial management information to meet the needs of the Senior Management across SIS Betting.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role will report directly to the Head of Management Accounts.
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Management Accountant are set out below.
- Month end accrual and prepayment calculations and other nominal journals in line with needs of product / customer profitability reporting;
- Balance sheet reconciliations and monitoring in line with Blackline procedures;
- Reviewing the accounts for errors;
- Preparing actual results vs. budgets/forecasts, variance analysis and narrative on the monthly results;
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant & Head of Management Accounts in preparing additional supporting analysis and KPI’s to feed into the monthly management reporting pack;
- Cost centre review with applicable managers to ensure costs are being recorded properly and variances investigated and explained.
Forecast / Budgeting
- Support the SIS Betting finance team in all processes surrounding budgeting and forecasting, including liaising with cost centre managers and helping review financial performance of their area compared to budget and forecast.
- Support the cost centre managers in preparing their respective annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide ad-hoc financial information and reports as required by the Senior Management Accountant.
Skills and Experience
- Part Qualified / studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or recognised equivalents).
- Experience within a similar role.
- Experience of finance systems, preferably a large system such as Sage 1000, SAP or similar and an advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of database reporting tools an advantage.
- Better Together:
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, particularly in communicating with a wide range of people and helping to create a harmonious and effective working environment.
- Focused Innovation:
- Identify new ideas and processes with a strong aptitude for business process improvement.
- To focus on continuous development from both a company and personal perspective.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take initiative in problem solving.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively and being flexible in approach.
- To be able to work under pressure and to a high quality whilst ensuring timely delivery of duties.
- To work with integrity and ensure the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Inspiring Enthusiasm:
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times, produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to business success.
- Trusted Delivery:
- Promotes the Company’s values at all times.