Nominally based in Milton Keynes, but there will be a mixture of remote working and some days a week in the office in MK, with occasional travel to our Salford site.
The post holder will work within the SIS Programme Management Office whose primary goal is to support the success of the business by ensuring projects and initiatives are strategically aligned and follow a clear framework based on best practice and continuous improvement.
The Business Analyst will operate within the organisation’s PMO team, working closely with The Product Proposition team and key business stakeholders using agile principles and processes to support the development teams in building the internal platforms and external customer products.
They will lead and drive the software delivery lifecycle for the business whilst collaborating with development teams and the product team/stakeholders.
The Business Analyst will work with key stakeholders to define the goals and objectives of projects within SIS. They will draw out and communicate requirements and help devise effective solutions that are in line with the strategic aims of the business.
Knowledge, Experience & Pre-requisites:
- 5 years previous experience as a Business Analyst preferably in both agile and more traditional software development environments.
- Experience operating in Scrum ceremonies (Sprint planning etc).
- Strong experience creating requirement documents for development teams.
- Experience of working as one or closely with Product Owners would be highly desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate practical experience in an analytical role.
- Detailed knowledge and awareness of IT and IT systems.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, including oral and written presentations, proposals, technical specifications, system/networking diagrams and reports.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to drive the requirements and solutions as well as resolve lower level operational issues with experience translating between business and technology.
- Experience of large scale projects such as Networks, Platforms, or Datacentres would be a bonus.
- Experience of networks architecture and systems from a functional point of view again would be good to have.
- Experience within the betting sector (desirable but not essential).
- Develop and expand on a product vision with the product proposition team while coordinating awareness & execution across multiple functions.
- Order and manage the product feature backlog in order to maximise the value of what the development team is working on.
- Work with scrum teams to deliver prioritised roadmap items in an agile, data-driven way.
- Provide the clarity needed at Scrum meetings to drive forward development.
- Actively mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Assess technical solutions fits business objectives.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement across product, processes, and teams.
- Uncover technical and scope trade-offs required to allow Business Owners to make informed decisions.
- Measures and evaluates solutions for value and opportunities.
- Be hands on and take ownership for business requirements and benefits and play a pivotal role in bringing all stakeholders onboard.
- Understand the product/commercial needs and how these are translated into functional and technical requirements
- Gather detailed functional requirements and collaborate with product owners, business stakeholders, IT engineers, Infrastructure and network architects and document them.
- Break down functional/product requirements and outcomes into user stores.
- Facilitation of workshops to gather requirement, identify issues etc.
- Mapping business processes as the basis for gathering requirements.
- Creating functional and non-functional specification documents as required.
- Identifying gaps and conflicts in requirements and drive toward solution.
- Ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfils goals and objectives, and meets a stakeholder need.
- Identifies all impacted stakeholders and builds good relationships to understand and manage their needs.
- Facilitates collaboration between various stakeholders to understand their needs and influence decisions.
- Drives a shared understanding of all stakeholders and team.
- Synthesises complex sets of information to provide clarity and understanding.
- Managing and coordinating small/medium project teams when required.
- Interpreting market and competitor analysis, product analysis and definition, and other tasks contributing to the definition and implementation of products within SIS.
- A sound knowledge of network components and architecture such as firewalls, routers, servers, and datacentres. You should also know the purpose of these components and how they fit and work together.
- You will have been a Business Analyst/Product Owner or in a similar position previously.
- Will have a background in stakeholder management and have a passion for Technology, Data and Design.
- A highly structured individual who can summarise and simplify customer problems/business challenges.
- Experience of working in Agile environment and playing a pivotal role in the scrum team.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentational).
- Self-motivated and able to work largely unsupervised, taking responsibility for own actions.
- Customer focused, understanding the needs of customers and the importance of providing solutions to satisfy short and long-term objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships.
- Ability to anticipate and manage potential points of conflict, balancing the interests of different groups against strategy and objectives.
- Negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively and influentially at all levels.
- Flexible, prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks and adapt to different situations.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changing circumstances.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energised by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Relationship building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. Is an honest, trustworthy, a valued team member, and actively involved in achieving team objectives.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to business success.