Finance Graduate - Treasury & Payroll
Whilst the role is based in MediaCityUK, we operate a hybrid way of working where some of your time may be worked from home.
To provide assistance with many aspects of the treasury functions and occasionally support the payroll/expenses process.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships:
The role forms part of the SIS Finance team and reports to the Payroll and Treasury Manager.
- Processing bank files into the banking platforms as and when required by purchase ledger/other delegated authorities, ensuring all are approved within required timescales.
- Filing & scanning of bank documents.
- Daily Treasury tasks such as
- Uploading FX rates
- Printing of daily bank statements
- Preparing daily cash position
- Analysing the daily cash position & breaking this out within the daily cash flow
- Processing bank reconciliations – Investigating discrepancies when they occur
- Processing ad-hoc payments as required
- Month end closure which includes a cash summary, FX postings and interest schedule updated.
- Reviewing/preparing currency requirements.
- Maintaining bank mandates.
- Process direct debit collections.
Support the Payroll & Treasury team with the following:
- Processing expenses through expense system
- Upload expenses into payroll system
- Maintaining Click travel system
- Monitor, reconcile, and upload company credit cards to expense system
- Monthly expense and credit card journals and accruals
- Process absence in payroll system
- Liaise with internal/external auditors where necessary.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter required, with the drive to learn new skills and grow within the role.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentational).
- Good time management organisational skills.
- Good Excel skills are an advantage; however, training will be provided if necessary.
- Graduate of a degree in accounting/finance or related with some experience in a finance office (placement or post graduation).
- Basic knowledge of SIS customers & products is desirable but training will be provided.
- Knowledge of general Treasury processes and attention to detail in applying strong financial controls to all aspects of the Group’s bank accounts.
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest to progress their career in accountancy by undertaking their accountancy exams (either AAT/CIMA/ACCA).
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships.