Business Analyst - Team Lead
SIS is a leading trusted supplier to the betting industry. Our Project Management Team are responsible for delivering and managing a range of large scale projects across the business.
The post holder will work within the SIS The Programme Management Office whose primary goal is to support the success of the business by ensuring projects and initiatives are strategically aligned and follow a clear framework based on best practice and continuous improvement
There are 2 main aspects to this role. The first will be to provide senior-level business analysis support to project delivery, and the second to line manage the Business Analysis team.
- To collaborate with key stakeholders and define the requirements, goals and objectives of projects
- To lead a team of contract and permanent Business Analysts
- To work with Product Owners and Development teams using agile principles and processes
- Contribute to the resource management and planning of the PMO team.
- Coach and mentor the Business Analyst population
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Change Manager.
Knowledge/Experience and Pre-requisites
- Educated to degree level or able to demonstrate equivalent industry qualifications
- BCS, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification
- Proven experience of Line or Team management including: resource management, objective setting, recruitment and coaching
- Proven experience of agile development methodologies and user stories development (knowledge of Scrum essential).
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management experience is essential
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships.
- A self-starter who works with drive and enthusiasm.
- A solid understanding of project management methodologies and development toolsets.
- Proven ability to analyse a broad range of management information, draw conclusions and identify recommendation actions.
- Experienced / Knowledgeable of the following deliverables and practices: user story writing, product vision and objective user journeys, stakeholder analysis, competitor analysis, business process modelling, story map development, story backlog management.
- Broad overall knowledge and awareness of IT and IT systems.
- Understanding and experience of the full project life-cycle and structured development processes.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications and reports.
- An understanding of relevant web-application technologies – HTML/CSS/JS/XML etc.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Experience within the betting sector (desirable).
In line with the SIS Values, the main responsibilities of the Business Analyst / Team Lead are set out below.
- Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others
- Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times
- Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values
- Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace
- Identifies new ideas and processes.
- Is committed to continuous personal development.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance
- Ensures that the best interests of SIS are upheld at all times.
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Upholds and promotes the Company’s values at all times